Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Administrator

Welcome to the new Warwickshire CCC fans forum! When the old forum disappeared rather suddenly last year, I soon found myself missing the discussion of all things Warwickshire County Cricket Club, particularly given the lack of cricket through the summer. I decided to try and get a new forum up and running, and, with the help of Terry, have eventually got round to sorting it out. Please let me know if you find any bugs, or have any suggestions for improvements.

Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself, if you so wish. Otherwise, enjoy the new forum!

Exiled Bear

Super Moderator

Just to say that, though I have given myself a different user name, I am Terry. And Exiled Bear is being very kind when he says that I helped him - it's been more a case of cheering from the sidelines while he did all the work.
Anyway, let's hope that plenty more people will sign up including a few familar names from the old Bearsfans site.

Thanks for getting this going again

Brilliant news! So glad EB got this together. Ta very much! I found about it via a tip off from George Dobell on Twitter.

Super Moderator

Great to see new people joining.
Please do spread the word around about the forum so we can get back to having the lively discussions we used to have on the old board.

Wasn’t on the old site but glad to be here for this one!

Hi all - I’m Brian life long Bears fan and member, living in Lichfield. Though, I’m originally from Edbgaston. I’m looking forward to connecting and debating with fellow Warks fans. Thanks for setting this up gents, fab idea. You Bears!

Afternoon. DaveC from the old site here. Thanks for getting this going again. Can't be arsed with FB or Twitter and this place was always more civilized.

Administrator

Great to see some familiar names from the old Bearsfans site signing up, as well as some new ones! Please keep spreading the word about the forum, the more the merrier!

Great to see the forum, I certainly missed the old one last season.

Hi everybody. I'm SO glad the / a Forum is back up and running. Last season, short as it was, was a nightmare, without a beloved Bears Unofficial Forum to retreat to ! Well done to the WCCC Official site for reporting the news (as relations with the previous Unofficial Forum, were, shall we say, a bit 'strained' at times !). More importantly, well done to Jonathan and Terry for getting it going again. I just hope it IS as lively and frank as the BUFF - though perhaps with a little more decorum on behalf of posters !

My only regret is that the new settings do not allow spaces in Usernames - so my previous incarnation, BALD Reynard, can not be used ! I hope my past (good) contributions will be remembered (and OCCASIONAL minor 'misdemeanours' forgotten !) - and I help establish this Forum as THE place to get informative and honest opinion on our beloved WARWICKSHIRE (ie not Birmingham) Bears !

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Exiled Bear wrote:

Great to see some familiar names from the old Bearsfans site signing up, as well as some new ones! Please keep spreading the word about the forum, the more the merrier!

Exactly EB, but as I say in my initial 'Welcome' post, the new settings don't allow spaces - so I can't be Bald Reynard any more and I'm sure a few other past friends, can't be 'the people they once were' !

NB I note Streetly and a couple of others have put an underscore after their first name, to allow a second. If only I'd thought of that ! Probably too late now - as (plain) 'Reynard' is registered ? Though you (EB) managed it - the privileges as Admin ?!

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"

Administrator

Reynard wrote:

Exiled Bear wrote:

Exactly EB, but as I say in my initial 'Welcome' post, the new settings don't allow spaces - so I can't be Bald Reynard any more and I'm sure a few other past friends, can't be 'the people they once were' !

NB I note Streetly and a couple of others have put an underscore after their first name, to allow a second. If only I'd thought of that ! Probably too late now - as (plain) 'Reynard' is registered ? Though you (EB) managed it - the privileges as Admin ?!

How strange! I can only think that I was able to do it as I registered in the process of setting up the forum, rather than in the usual way. I just tried adding a space to your username but it wouldn't let me. I've added an underscore instead though, if that's OK now?

Exiled Bear wrote:

Reynard wrote:

Exiled Bear wrote:

How strange! I can only think that I was able to do it as I registered in the process of setting up the forum, rather than in the usual way. I just tried adding a space to your username but it wouldn't let me. I've added an underscore instead though, if that's OK now?

Brilliant, thanks for doing that Jonathan. It's good to be back !

I'm glad this is back, a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day, a pure deed in a crooked world.
RB

I was quite impressed with my improvisation in putting the underscore in my username 🙃

So glad the Forum is back. It is a shame that we lost all 'our history' on the old Forum though (I think I said some good things, but can't remember what!). And I'm so looking forward to this season, with Mark R and the new lads coming in. For me the best new player (full) contract announcement this Winter, was Jake Lintott. How good it is to have a left arm wrist spinner with us; he was a joy to watch in the T20 last year!

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Glad to see the forum back! I have missed it...

Hope that all members and Bears fans here are fit and well; I am optimistic that we are approaching a time when we can enjoy the pleasures denied last year. I said in my last post on the old forum that I will enjoy my next visit to Edgbaston more than I have since I was a kid; that still holds true.

As an aside, has anybody considered sharing the news of the new forum on other cricket sites? (Thinking https://twitter.com/youbearsfans?lang=en etc.) It may get our message out to others who don't realise that there is a new bearsfans.org

Bears fan, Wolves fan, no longer a not so vital statistician...

Administrator

RandomBear wrote:

Glad to see the forum back! I have missed it...

Hope that all members and Bears fans here are fit and well; I am optimistic that we are approaching a time when we can enjoy the pleasures denied last year. I said in my last post on the old forum that I will enjoy my next visit to Edgbaston more than I have since I was a kid; that still holds true.

As an aside, has anybody considered sharing the news of the new forum on other cricket sites? (Thinking https://twitter.com/youbearsfans?lang=en etc.) It may get our message out to others who don't realise that there is a new bearsfans.org

I did tag that Twitter account in one of my tweets when we launched the forum a few weeks ago but they didn’t respond. It doesn’t seem that active at the moment, but maybe that’s because it’s the off-season. Feel free to try again though (as well as any other places you think it would be worth sharing), maybe you’ll have more luck now we’re nearer the start of the season!

Afternoon all. With the cricket season having started back up again, a quick Google search sent me in this direction. It is good to see the place back up and running in a different guise and some of the old members floating around.

I am CaptainSexyPenis from the old forum.