Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

& decision making. Mousley part time bowler in power play

Well done Carlos. My hero.

I just wish the scoreboard moved as quick as the play on You Tube! I know it's free so can't really complain

Oh dear......

Administrator

That was embarrassing. I made a late decision to go to the game after landing back in the UK at lunchtime today. I don’t regret it as it’s probably the only time I’ll get to Edgbaston this season but crikey that was poor.

Did the pitch conditions change? It looked like we were batting on a completely different pitch to Hampshire. I think we barely middled or timed half a dozen balls in the whole innings!

That was so bad, a complete let down after all the effort in the Group stage. The batting in particular was abysmal.

Again we seemed to lower our standards against a team we should have beaten. There are only the 2 openers in their team who I would actually have in our side, the rest are journeymen who made us look ordinary. We have all been saying the same things about Davies and Stirling all season in this competition and I hope we don't see the latter again and the shot Davies played was just 100% horseshit. That put on the back foot for the rest of the innings and 187 should have been more than straightforward for us. Brathwaite has been poor and if not for that last over heroics for the Windies in the T20 world cup final, no one would know who he was and he has made a living off it ever since. If you look at his T20 record, it is very poor and not worthy of an overseas pro. We seem to have a habit of making a mess of QF's after a good showing in the qualifying tables. Disappointing evening not helped by the stupid confusing road works nearby that made me have to do an extra 3 miles just to get home 8 miles away.

Yes,very poor we seem to make a habit of playing badly in 1/4 finals of this competition,we must have lost at least 6 1/4 finals over the years.
I had a feeling it was going to be a bad night when i bought a small can of coca cola on arrival at the ground and was charged £4.30 !

What a shambles, and a great shame for the largely young, vociferous crowd. Hants got off to a flyer and Briggs in particular was carted to all corners. To be fair to Carlos, he got us back into the match, with the ball at least, although like others he threw his wicket away when batting. By that stage the writing was on the wall and the frankly brainless dismissals of Stirling and Davies in particular, set the tone. Much as I like Carlos, I really hope we don’t see either him or Stirling in a Bears shirt next year.

Harsh to blame Brathwaite so much, he's bowled well on a number of occasions including tonight and is not really a batter. Decent captain too, although Mo will be better. We have had too many poor starts with the bat, no one backing up Stone and Briggs has lacked control often.

Super Moderator

I think others have said it all; but here was my take:
https://deepextracover.com/2022/07/hawks-slay-the-bears-on-way-to-finals-day/

Have Hampshire won 10 out of their last 11 now?

Wonder to what extent Graeme Welch’s influence resulted in the debacle. Hants certainly bowled far better and more intelligently than we did, and his knowledge of our batsmens’ strengths and weaknesses would doubtless have been shared with their bowlers. If only he’d stayed put the result might have been very different!

Losing Pop again has been a massive blow! The bowling all season, across both formats, has not been at the level it reached last season and that can’t be a coincidence.

GS I like the topical (political) description of the Bears innings!!

Super Moderator

Well, LE, I didn't mention any names!

Super Moderator

If you thought that the Bears took a beating, just be grateful that you're not a Derbyshire supporter.
I'm annoyed that, because Somerset qualified and the Bears didn't, Exiled Bear's mate Harry Everett will get the nod to report for Deep Extra Cover on Finals Day. It's a great day to be in the Press Box - lots of excitement and non-stop food!

Administrator

GerryShedd wrote:

If you thought that the Bears took a beating, just be grateful that you're not a Derbyshire supporter.
I'm annoyed that, because Somerset qualified and the Bears didn't, Exiled Bear's mate Harry Everett will get the nod to report for Deep Extra Cover on Finals Day. It's a great day to be in the Press Box - lots of excitement and non-stop food!

Ha! I will pass on your annoyance!

Slightly annoying also that they took away the two records that we broke just a few weeks ago! And it also got more coverage than it did when we broke them, but then Somerset are a more "trendy" county...

Somerset are major media darlings.