Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Don't know what happened there.

Super Moderator

I hope it's ok, farmerbob, that I deleted that post that went wrong!

Overton's done his foot or ankle. Hope he's alright but could make things a bit easier for us.

I wish him the best, hopefully it’s minor but ideally won’t be able to bowl again this match.
Benjamin has really lead a charmed life so far, but I’m not complaining, we’ve earned a bit of luck after that incident with the bails.
Just get to lunch 2 down and then they can set about building a lead.

I do find Mark Church's commentary a little weird I have to say. With his nasal Home Counties accent and the way he refers to everyone as "Mr this" or "Mr that" and his thank you Sirs - he puts me in mind of someone from a Dickens novel or a minor character from "Are You Being Served"!

Try again,
Hated being behind by so much but then again, we could have been behind by about 30 and gone in a after a tricky 11-12 overs and been 20-2.

Better than PaulBear expected, score after 11 overs was 22-2.

Benjamin looked pretty ropey but that wicket, and the timing of it, is a blow.

Very poor dismissal for Davies, he was totally unbalanced.

Decent game this

Shame for him personally, he had battled hard, but you’re right, a really soft poor dismissal.

6 overs until the new ball, build as much of a lead as possible before then, and then see it out.
Most important thing here is to not lose the same way as against Lancashire. Everyone would have taken a draw coming into this.

Considering it looks like Gloucestershire could lose to Northants; Somerset are definitely going to draw; plus Kent could be under pressure to save the game tomorrow, the points from a draw would go a long way. And Somerset have played a game less than us, and have Gloucestershire first game back in September.

This is what we want, dig in and set 'em a big 'un.

Idling to myself at what point Warks become favourites for this? Bat into tomorrow and Surrey could have 220+ in limited overs. This is jinxing behaviour though, so I put it out as a counter-jinx the collapse is immenent. Which is as likely.

Sods law we're batting for once and we come off for bad light!

Great fightback, be interesting to see what we set as Surrey tend to chase anything.

Best days cricket for sometime. Dare we say the Bears could win this!?
Hain superb again. If he was playing for one of the Southern Counties he'd be called up for England.......

Excellent day. I’d try up the scoring rate tomorrow morning, build the lead towards 300, remove the chance of losing. Then put them in just before lunch.
If these 2 stay in for the first 30 minutes then accelerate, Burgess already has history of smacking this Surrey attack, and McAndrew and even Norwell can both give it a whack.

Great stuff today. If we get a wriggle on tomorrow morning we could have 2 (and maybe a bit) sessions to bowl for the win.

Annoyingly, the bad light came when we were in the driving seat and now it might cost us in time lost tomorrow. Best day for us in CC cricket for a long time.

Two early wickets down, I didn’t see the Rhodes dismissal but Hain looks like he had a shocker of a decision.

Poor start but hopefully that means it's a good bowling day.