Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Administrator

I've been wondering about how the allocated seating is going to work this season. I guess the club are assuming that there will be some level of restrictions on numbers for part or possibly all of this season, hence the need to allocate seats for matches, which is fair enough. Allocated seating isn't a problem for international matches, as you know that the pitch will always be near the middle of the square. However, for county matches, the pitch can often be quite far over to one side or the other, so certain stands can sometimes be a long way from the pitch, in which case you'd choose where to sit accordingly. I'm not really sure what the club can do about this, unless they try and keep the pitches as close to the middle as possible, but I can see it being quite annoying arriving at the ground to find that your allocated seat is miles from the pitch. I guess if restrictons are lifted then moving around the ground may be possible, as in pre-Covid times, but I'm not sure what could be done otherwise?

Would make sense for white ball matches to be central all/most of the time while county championship matches be given pitches over towards the the Rea Bank or Priory Stands.

Either way, there should be ample room for social distanced spectating at both the City End and the Poveydome End. I'm not sure if I'd feel I was getting value for my membership if I was to be instructed to sit in a specific seat so they'd need to be careful in that respect

When I went to the pilot last year and managed to see my single day of live cricket (happy days) the seat I was given wasn’t particularly great and I wouldn’t have chosen to have sat there normally. However, I was just thankful to be able to go I didn’t mind too much.

I do hope that they can offer some guidance when choosing a seat/stand as to which pitch is going to be used.

I try to head for the Scrivens stand regardless as usually they have a decent view of whichever pitch is in use. That’s where I have booked my T20 seats anyway.

I'm not very happy with the allocated seating requirement at all. I like to move around a bit, watch different bowlers from different view points etc or it depends where the wicket is in relation to the outfield. I'm disappointed with the whole thing.

There shouldn't be any requirement for allocated seating at all after June 21st.

I can agree that usually I like nothing more than wandering around during the course of a days play. However, with the current circumstances I would imagine the club are putting all these guidelines in place in order to show the ‘powers that be’ that they are taking the risks seriously and are doing what they can in order to get spectators back safely.

I would rather sit in an allocated seat in Edgbaston than be sitting at home watching on my iPad.

I’m not thrilled about the allocated seating as I only get up a few times a year and for me it’s about the whole experience, not just the performed.
I hope and assume it’s temporary, as part of the joy of watching Championship cricket for me is taking a lap, taking in the game from different viewpoints.