Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

A short term signing:
https://edgbaston.com/news/bears-secure-karl-carver-for-royal-london-cup/

Super Moderator

Not sure where this leaves left arm spinner Jacob Bethell, who I thought showed great promise with bat and ball.

Might come in for Kiel vV?

Andy wrote:

Might come in for Kiel vV?

Yes, I think that's the most likely change. Shame, KvV did well with bat and ball for the Seconds, but his bowling certainly hasn't looked up to it in the 2 RLC games. Going in at number 8 or 9, is never going to give him much chance to display his batting skils.

I remember talking to Will Rhodes about Karl Carver, at the end of the 2019 season. He was a mate of Karl's and played a lot of 2nds games with him at Headingley. Carver had just been released by Yorkshire. Will reckoned he was a very decent left arm spinner and was surprised he'd been let go. Showed up well in white ball, but never given much chance in the Championship. He thought we might have given him a trial, as we were sorely lacking a left arm spinner. I think I reported all that on the old Bears Forum and it would have been nice to check - it's a shame that all our speculation from those days has disappeared in the ether!

Obviously they must have kept track of him - and support from the likes of Tim Bresnan, might have helped.

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'