Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

Not working yet, then, Graham?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jun/14/graham-thorpe-the-hundred-can-help-england-struggling-test-batsmen

Pathetic yet we were so predictable

Do feel for the likes of Sibley, difficult enough facing India without any serious match practice

If the ECB don't care about test cricket...players soon won't.. then fans...

Looks like Dom sibley will be back with Warwicks for the rest of the season. However, despite 5, yes 5, ducks this year, Burns, a Surrey player, is likely to remain in the side.

Absolute Master Class in how to throw away a Test Match. England should have been batting before lunch with less than 200 to chase but instead they decided to stop trying to take wickets and allowed two complete rabbits to put on 89. The initiative switched to India and the rest is history.

I have a lot of sympathy with Dom Sibley. He has the temperament for Test cricket but needs a lucky break or two to get his career flowing. As it is, all his false shots seem to find fielders and today he got a peach. Not to mention having Vaughan on his back all the time because he doesn't play trick shots. It might not be the worst thing in the world if he missed out on the winter tour. Going to Australia when you are short of confidence and in a team that lacks direction could finish off his Test career. Maybe sit this one out then come again.

Super Moderator

I agree that Sibley may well benefit from a break away from England, not just to regain some confidence but also to work on his technique which seems to me to be all over the place. The basics of batting don't change much and the fact that players like Sibley and Burns can occasionally succeed despite their flawed methods shouldn't detract from the need for them to go back to those basics.
I'm not sure who should do the coaching but a few minutes of straight talking from Geoffrey Boycott wouldn't go amiss.

Graham Thorpe is talking nonsense. The trouble now is that anyone who comes into the squad has had no 'Proper' innings, just a few 50 over knocks or a pretty 25 off 15 balls in The Hundred. Never again should a fixture list have no CC cricket whilst a Test series is on.

So good to see Woakesy playing a Test for England again and taking wickets.

A serious risk of the final test being called off, at least one member of the Indian side has tested positive for COVID, and obviously as a touring party the other members of the party will be close contacts. and therefore will need to isolate.
I hope the ECB's contract for the tour specified that the BCCI should be resonsible for all costs and losses as a result of their sides failure to meet their contractual obligations.

The match has been called off, the BCCI should be made to cover all the costs incurred by the ECB.

Woakes, Bairstow, Malan available for Leeds on Sunday perhaps?

I would be pretty ** off if I had a ticket and had taken time off work. It's not just the tickets that need to be refunded, but you can bet all the caterers will have lost money and the food itself will not keep so someone out there needs to get the calculator out. But never mind eh! The IPL will still go ahead with all it's precious playboy millionaires, able to play their pyjama cricket. We had 2 touring sides here last season and it all went fairly well with just the odd hiccup when the pandemic was at it's worst. Sorry Virat mate you aren't going to chalk this down as a win. Cannot believe for one minute that they couldn't have found 11 players.