Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Get to 150 needed with only 1 or 2 down by the close of play, and you'd make Warwickshire favourites. Lose more than that, and let Hampshire get their tails up, and it could be difficult.

100/1 with Sibley falling.

157 needed tomorrow with 8 wickets in hand.
I’d make Warwickshire favourites but need not to lose early wickets tomorrow. Hampshire haven’t threatened much since Abbas went off, they had the same issue as ourselves Dawson can be played risk free, just waiting for bad balls.

Which makes the way Sibley and Benjamin got out even more frustrating. The Benjamin dismissal especially was really not clever, only just in, close in sight. He needs to be smarter than that to succeed in first class cricket, all well and good scoring runs on a pitch like that Old Trafford one, but that’s twice in this match he’s thrown his wicket away with unnecessary poor shots.

I hope Mr Robinson and some of the senior pros have explained the error of his ways to Benjamin....Sibley’s dismissal wasn’t very clever either! Wait for the bad ball, then hit it and we should be ok!

2nd new ball is the game tomorrow.

Malc wrote:

Dear me Paul, cheer up a bit.

We could still win this game - I think we will. We qualified for the top group of the CC. Watching some of the young lads come through has been so exciting. Yes, the T20 QF was disappointing, but we did still re@ch the knockout stage. The injuries to key players has been devastating at times. The RLC was a brilliant tournament with some ‘development’ players.

You are right and typing now (20.33pm as we sit 136-2) you could see a win. Unfortunately I have seen all my cricket for this year as work and the good old ECB not wanting CC cricket at weekends means that Sunday was it for me as far as watching goes but yes I would gladly share a cuppa/banana with you at any time. Yes it might not be all bad but I suppose I want it all, a consistent Test team and a successful County side. Cheer on the team in my absence. Paul

Cheer up, pal. Come and sit in block 16/17 today and I’ll share a banana and a cuppa with you 👍.

PS There’s more to the departure of KB to Hampshire than you’ve suggested.

Administrator

I actually thought that Dawson looked quite threatening towards the end today, but that might have been because we were playing for the close a bit. Barker seems to be their only other threat now that Abbas is injured (and presumably won't bowl tomorrow).

Administrator

Abbas is back on the field, which is a shame from our point of view!

Administrator

That's a harsh call for Yates if the umpire has given that LBW, but we did have one or two good shouts go our way yesterday

Could have done with him going on to get his century.

I'm starting to get a little nervous. Could do with someone playing a few shots.

4 down now. I cannot say that I am at all confident here...

Administrator

Can't afford to lose another wicket before lunch.

Exiled Bear wrote:

Can't afford to lose another wicket before lunch.
Sadly the skipper couldn't hold out.

100 runs with 5 wickets to go, don't fancy us.

6 down with 80 still to get.

If only we had a Keith Barker to come in lower down the order...

Administrator

This is agonising.

Or a Bresnan. Where is he?

Administrator

Briggs got an enormous inside edge onto that one. Shocking decision.

Oh Miles. What on earth was that?

Administrator

And that run out wasn't out either. We've been done over.