Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Administrator

Apologies for the recent downtime, this was caused by my recent upgrading of the forum software. The upgrade itself was successful (you might notice that the forum looks a little different now) but something in the background was broken in the process. I've implemented a temporary fix and will try and work on something permanent in the next couple of days, but be aware that the forum may be unavailable at times during this period.

Super Moderator

Thanks for getting us back on track and for keeping the Board going through the season.

The "report post" function is not working, meaning we are unable to report spam etc

Administrator

Highveld wrote:

The "report post" function is not working, meaning we are unable to report spam etc

This is now fixed!

Yes and tested !

Thank you Exiled Bear for your excellent work building & maintaining this Forum.
I am a very regular reader; plus last defunct forum; not a poor contributor.
I do enjoy the learned contributors analysis & reports.
Many thanks to you all

Administrator

Apologies for the downtime over the last few days - the server on which the forum runs crashed and some of the files got corrupted, so I've had to restore some from a backup that I had. I don't think we've lost any posts though. I still need to fix one or two things behind the scenes, so the forum should be considered at risk of further (hopefully short) downtime over the next week or so.

If you notice that something is broken, please let me know.

At least it didn't happen during the cricket season!!

Thanks for sorting this EB, I was panicking the site would be down for a while!

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Thank you EB.
Just a thought but is it easy enough to build a like button for posts? I ofter find myself wanting to agree with people but have no further comments to add.

Administrator

kevandmac wrote:

Thank you EB.
Just a thought but is it easy enough to build a like button for posts? I ofter find myself wanting to agree with people but have no further comments to add.

This is definitely something that I'd like to add, and there's a plugin for it, but I had problems getting it to work last time I tried. I'll try again at some point though

Thank you EB

Can you also alter the settings so that it defaults to opening a new tab when someone clicks on a hyperlink.

This has been mentioned before.

Exiled Bear, you have nothing to apologise for, this site must take time and effort to keep going while the rest of us reap the benefits whilst we type away with our opinions/rants. Much thanks to you as no one else would listen to our ramblings about the club we love.

Would just like to add my thanks to the effort that goes into running this forum. Massively appreciate it!