Brookes
Lintott
Miles

From the warm up game today it looks like Bethall will open

Seems fair enough from this showing!

ajones1328 wrote:

From the warm up game today, it looks like Bethell will open

Seems fair enough from this showing!

Yeah. And in that warm up match (2nds T20 v Northants), Hose is in - and (again - 52 NO from 20 balls !) scored well. Given how well he's done for the 2nds this season, I'm sure he will be playing on Thursday, not Mousley, as Andy speculated.

Bethell is even opening the bowling, with his left arm spin - and took a wicket in his first over.

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Entirely fair that Hose starts. I would have invested in Mousley though and had a more even balance between right and left handers.

Completely different lineup for the second warm up game - which throws into question what our first choice team for Thursday will be:-

Yates, Sibley, Davies (again - they must be desperate for him to get some runs !), Rhodes, Burgess, Lamb, Mousley, Ethan Brookes, Simmons, Garrett and Johal.

Pretty much our CC batting and 2nds bowling lineups. Obviously Sibley & Burgess won't be in on Thursday (playing NZ) and I suppose many of the 'CC'ers' are just playing to get their 'eye in for white ball' (for the 50 over), but I guess Mousley might have a chance to be in the T20 squad ?

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Burgess, with his big hitting surely has to be selected?

Think he's in the CC squad to play New Zealand (along with Dom Sibley) which is perhaps a sign we don't see him as a 20 over player.

Administrator

Squad:

Carlos Brathwaite (C)
Chris Benjamin
Jacob Bethell
Danny Briggs
Ethan Brookes
Henry Brookes
Alex Davies
Sam Hain
Olly Hannon-Dalby
Adam Hose
Jake Lintott
Craig Miles
Paul Stirling

Team as expected:-

Stirling, Bethell, Davies, Hain, Hose, Benjamin, Brathwaite, Henry Brookes, Briggs, Lintott and Miles.

We won the toss and chose to bat.

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

First game of the season for me, over from Dublin for the week

Nothing has changed (well maybe worse)

The beer and food are incredibly overpriced and the staff haven't got a clue!

Davies failed again with 7 runs. I'd rather have the in-form Michael Burgess playing - he's a wicket keeper.

Administrator

I don't think this rain delay is going to help us.

Administrator

Restart at 8pm, 16 over match

Administrator

Exiled Bear wrote:

I don't think this rain delay is going to help us.

Or maybe it will 😆

A Stirling performance and Hain looks in good nick this season too!! I just wonder what we would have got with the full 20 overs.

Excellent debut innings by Paul Stirling!

My wife wasn't interested until I told her the Batsman doing so well was an Irish man..

Fellow Irish and suddenly interested in what an over is...what a good strike rate is 🤣

Administrator

Whisper it quietly but I think we have quite a good T20 side this year…

We’ve been lacking explosive batsmen at the top of the order for a while now, and I know it’s early days but Stirling certainly fits the bill (and Davies, although he failed today). And we still had Hose, Brathwaite and Benjamin to bat today as well!

Another big tick for Henry Brookes too. Heis getting there. Fingers crossed he can have a big impact across formats through the summer now