Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Same side?

I expect so, no need to change anything in my opinion. Other than the standout batting, I thought the bowlers were excellent, albeit helped by the fact that Northants had to have a thrash, I also thought we looked very sharp in the field, so yes more of the same.

Looking forward to my first trip tonight.

Hose and Benjamin rescuing this.

Administrator

Another good effort with the bat. We have real depth in the batting this season

Derbyshire will be kicking themselves. Wow.

Cannot believe we nearly blew that but a good finish from Miles in the end. It just goes to show you that even numbers 8-11 know how to hit big and it's never over if you need 10-16 an over with the tail in. Good job we sored all those runs in the final 5 overs.

That was too close for comfort! This is where Woakes, Stone and maybe Norwell are needed. Although Brathwaite seemed to get clobbered along with Miles and Brookes....

Super Moderator

Too close for comfort, indeed!
What on earth was Henry Brookes doing bowling those two high full tosses that had him taken off without bowling a legitimate ball?
And I know that we've all piled in a bit on Alex Davies; but so far, I don't think he looks the part at number three. It's maybe too unkind to say that in red ball cricket he bats like it's a white ball game and vice versa in white ball cricket. Let's see what he does tomorrow because there is an alternative - we've seen what a devastating hitter Michael Burgess can be (provided OH-D is at the other end, of course!)

With the form Burgess is in, I struggle to see how he's left out. Who would you rather see, Davies or Burgess?

It did dawn on me whilst watching last night that Burgess is in such great form, you would have to wonder why he was ever not included in the team.

paulbear wrote:

It did dawn on me whilst watching last night that Burgess is in such great form, you would have to wonder why he was ever not included in the team.

I think the First Class Counties squad was announced before the T20 squad and Farbs & Co probably thought Burgess turning out for what is an England B team, would be a good move for him and a chance to stake a place in a full England team.

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

white-lightning wrote:

With the form Burgess is in, I struggle to see how he's left out. Who would you rather see, Davies or Burgess?

Burgess will be playing the final day of the First Class Counties game against NZ, so he won't be available for the Durham match. I'm sure he will be back in for Leicestershire on Thursday.

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"