Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Same team?

Probably will be the same team. When is Dan Mousley likely to be fit, he must be close, surely?

No Hain, Yates in. Not the replacement I'd have expected, interesting.

Andy wrote:

No Hain, Yates in. Not the replacement I'd have expected, interesting.

And Yates fails, once again, this season.
He really does need a stint in the 2nd's, to sort his confidence out, if not his technique.

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Good win today. Well done to Chris Benjamin. Why did Hain miss today's game? Hopefully it's not anything serious?

An excellent knock by Benjamin, he took his time and then let loose. Hose scored some good boundaries but doesn’t seem to run hard between the stumps and cost us a few runs that Benjamin wanted.

Intelligent knock at the end from the captain.

Yates looked well out of sorts in his brief appearance. Davies came and went as he has all season. Bethell was an odd dismissal. Stirling tried another slog and mistimed it.

Not a bad match to watch though, shame the weather was a bit hit and miss.

Oh and the stadium announcer was terrible.

Administrator

white-lightning wrote:

Good win today. Well done to Chris Benjamin. Why did Hain miss today's game? Hopefully it's not anything serious?

"A hip niggle. Nothing to worry about" according to the social media

Sensational from Benjamin. It looks easy looking back at the scorecards but at 34-4 we were losing that game.

1) Good knock from Benj who looks to be ideal for this form.
2) Great credit to Hose for just taking the sting out of the situation by pushing it about and not trying to rush the total and give Durham even more momentum.
3) It worries me that we make hard work of games like this that should be won fairly comfortably.
4) The announcer was terrible to the point where you had no idea who caught the ball, who bowled it and who the batsman was. Are we becoming like the BBC by making sure there isn't a white bloke doing any job anymore because boxes must be ticked.

Didn't need to make point 4) a comment about anything more than there was a poor announcer in my view. I don't think white men being discriminated against is really a big issue at the moment.

paulbear wrote:

1) Good knock from Benj who looks to be ideal for this form.
2) Great credit to Hose for just taking the sting out of the situation by pushing it about and not trying to rush the total and give Durham even more momentum.
3) It worries me that we make hard work of games like this that should be won fairly comfortably.
4) The announcer was terrible to the point where you had no idea who caught the ball, who bowled it and who the batsman was. Are we becoming like the BBC by making sure there isn't a white bloke doing any job anymore because boxes must be ticked.

That is a matter of opinion.

What on earth would that have to do with the rest of point 4 though? Bit of a dick thing to say IMHO

Well if you look on TV now, just about every programme has 'Diverse' presenters, whether or not you think they are any good or not (I think most are not) is up to you but it is happening a lot to TV presenters and announcers everywhere, are they there on merit or for some other reason. Oh! Yes, IMHO.