Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

Looks like more of the same:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/durham-vs-birmingham-bears-8-june-2022/#match-match-previews

Super Moderator

....and Durham have an unchanged squad too:
https://www.durhamcricket.co.uk/news-and-media/unchanged-14-for-birmingham-bears-visit/

Would love to be watching it but on the site it just keeps telling me that the live stream will appear when the match starts even though it did so 20 minutes ago.

Paul I am watching it on You Tube from the start

Also watching on YouTube on TV app - so far, so good!

LeicesterExile wrote:

Paul I am watching it on You Tube from the start
I shall do that then, cheers LE.

Administrator

I'm not very impressed with the Durham commentary. They made out that Benjamin had cheated by stopping the ball when touching the rope, but you could clearly see on the stream that it was fine.

Exiled Bear wrote:

I'm not very impressed with the Durham commentary. They made out that Benjamin had cheated by stopping the ball when touching the rope, but you could clearly see on the stream that it was fine.
Never mind, we will give them the best medicine by winning and at the moment, it looks very, very simple.

Administrator

Durham bowled 17 wides! Never seen anything like it

A solid comfortable win. Bit concerned with Stirling. Not set that many good platforms so far. Obviously the first game against Northants was exceptional.

Yes Stirling isn’t really having the impact his first match suggested. However it’s not uncommon with big hitters. I seem to remember (but my mind often plays tricks with my memory) the new England coach had one fantastic innings for us without really doing much in his other games.

He hit 158* and it was unbelievable to watch but as you say, not much after that. I think someone should point out to him that you don't have to hit the first ball to the boundary.

Exiled Bear wrote:

Agree and I thought exactly the same.

He also claimed that Hose edged one to the boundary when he cut it for four!

Administrator

I’m not too concerned about Stirling just yet. His job in the team is clearly to get us the fastest start possible and as a result he’s going to fail some of the time. Aside from his hundred, the game against Notts was an 8 over thrash and we had to attack from ball one against Worcestershire too. I’m sure he’ll come good again and when he does he’s a match winner on his own.

Davies is turning out to be an effective opener is this format!! Perhaps Stirling could drop to number 3

I think i also heard the commentators confuse Benjamin when he took his catch with Stirling!! Not sure Benjamin will be chuffed with that!