Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

More of the same as far as team news is concerned:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/birmingham-bears-vs-yorkshire-10-june-2022/#match-match-previews
I note that, apart from the box with information about tickets, the word "Birmingham" seems to be expunged from the preview.

Super Moderator

A mix of familiar and less familiar names in the Yorkshire Vikings squad:
https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/10008/match-preview-birmingham-bears-v-yorkshire-vikings-t20

Another failure for Stirling.

Administrator

When we're bad, we're REALLY bad

Administrator

This is completely brainless

Pretty poor performance. Brathwaite and Stirling need to step up. Almost certain defeat....

Well that was embarrassing.......Yorkshire win by 10 wickets. That's a new low for this season......
Why can't Burgess play? The guy was scoring runs for fun a few weeks ago. Will Woakes play this season?

Administrator

I'm sure the pitch wasn't the main cause today, but does anyone know why we're using the same pitch for every game? I know it's a hybrid but it seems to be getting harder to score each time.

For the next game I'd move Bethell down the order, opening isn't working for him.

Awful and I am annoyed about getting there early from work to get somewhere near to park and then waiting for it to start, only to watch us self-destruct. Another Stirling duck, Bethel is opening for what reason, Brathwaite is too low in the order as is Briggs, since when are Miles, Lintott or Stone better batsmen than him. Poor shot selection and the pitch was fine and a missed opportunity to try and get a few points between ourselves and the other side near us but now it is all very close in the group.

Stirling really is turning out to be a one match wonder. If he is to continue being selected surely it would be best if he dropped down the order so hopefully we can get some runs on the board before the first wicket falls

Yes LE, it happened with Neil Carter all those years ago when you had the feeling that he could get out in the first 2 overs at any stage and eventually they did drop him down the order. In the very big game like finals and semi-finals, he never get us off to great starts which is why so many of them were close games.