Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Very intersting line up today

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m8b923f7b-4f9f-4806-8feb-30e183c48e09

Dan Mousely off to a flier

Isaac Mohammed who is 13 and highly regarded relative of Moeen I've not seen him yet but a couple of the lads at Moseley a few weeks back were raving about him. Moeen actually spoke a bit about him with Aggers on TMS during tea at the test yesterday. Also Kobi Herft who when I spoke to a couple of Lichfield players on Saturday they reckon he's different class. 18 year old Aussie kid playing for West Bromwich Dartmouth

No Woakes yet though he was on about playing some 2nds cricket soonish

mad wrote:

Dan Mousley off to a flier

Isaac Mohammed who is 13 and highly regarded relative of Moeen I've not seen him yet but a couple of the lads at Moseley a few weeks back were raving about him. Moeen actually spoke a bit about him with Aggers on TMS during tea at the test yesterday. Also Kobi Herft who when I spoke to a couple of Lichfield players on Saturday they reckon he's different class. 18 year old Aussie kid playing for West Bromwich Dartmouth

A couple of other newbies are on trial in this match. 21 year old Finlay Bean is opening, he's an England Under 19 wicketkeeper, who turned down an academy contract with Yorkshire in 2020, despite a fairly succcessful record in their 2nd XI. And 23 year old David Scott, an all rounder, who has played for MCC Young Cricketers and Oxford University MCCU.

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

The_Lickey_Banker wrote:

mad wrote:

Dan Mousley off to a flier

A couple of other newbies are on trial in this match. 21 year old Finlay Bean is opening, he's an England Under 19 wicketkeeper, who turned down an academy contract with Yorkshire in 2020, despite a fairly succcessful record in their 2nd XI. And 23 year old David Scott, an all rounder, who has played for MCC Young Cricketers and Oxford University MCCU.

Finlay Bean made just 6, but David Scott hit a decent 71 off 89 balls. Kobe Herft made 59, putting on a 100 stand with Michael Booth.

Dan Mousley got 47 (off just 37 balls - obviously trying to push for a place in the First team) and Ethan B, 92, continuing his great form with the bat this season.

A convincing win - by 177 runs.

In our 2nd innings, we made 454 for 5 dec. A massive 198 from Dan Mousley (Captain in this game) and 174 from Ethan Brookes. They put on 325 for the 2nd wicket. We bowled Lancs out for 216. 3 wickets for Simmons, 2 for Johal, 1 for Booth - but 4 wickets for the Captain's spin (for 42, off 18 overs).

With those performances in mind, if the Firsts had a CC game, I'm sure there is no doubt, Dan would be in for Rob Yates (for his back up bowling, as well as his batting - and he was opening in the Lancs game). And if Davies hadn't got his ton, I reckon Ethan Brookes could be pressing for his place. I would imagine, there is also a fair chance that Dan M might come in for Jacob Bethell in the T20 tomorrow ?