Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

The clubs preview is here https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/nottinghamshire-vs-birmingham-bears-17-june-2022/#match-match-previews

Paul Stirling is missing, for personal reasons, but should be back on Sunday.

I'd put money on the fact that Mousley will come in for Stirling - as opener - given his 198 a couple of days ago (admittedly in a red ball game).

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Hopefully Stirling will not be missed!! Given his record since the first game what will happen on Sunday if, today, our openers get off to a flying start?

I'll be disappointed if Mousley doesn't get the nod tonight.

Stirling, Bethell OUT

Yates, Mousley IN

Andy wrote:

Stirling, Bethell OUT

Yates, Mousley IN

Interesting that Yates is given a white ball chance.

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Administrator

He certainly made the most of his chance! Could be a selection headache for the next match

Administrator

Well, that was entertaining!!

Super Moderator

Highest T20 total in the history of the domestic game in the UK.

Glad I went to that! Some unbelievable hitting.

I think that is the fastest outfield I have ever seen. The ball races and never seems to slow down.

Has to be same XI Sunday surely.

Well what a result with an incredible score of 261/2! Crazy when you consider that we were roundly thrashed by Yorkshire only last week.....

What a partnership between the 2 H's !! Yates deserves to remain as opener and I suppose Stirling will join him. Watching the game on YouTube that outfield certainly looked very fast.

The outfield looked like one of the 1976 England v West Indies Tests. And, I even forgot about the whole game until 10.30pm after I was engrossed in a film, I looked at the result and watched it on You Tube later but would like to have seen it live. 173* partnership in 11.4 overs, total madness.