Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

A big game coming up:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/yorkshire-vs-birmingham-bears-1-july-2022/#match-match-previews

Am I right in thinking that it will take something special from either Northants or Leics to stop us from qualifying, even if we do lose our last 2 games?

Our NRR is so better than those two teams.

I had a look at the table and both of those sides can get to 16 points maximum which we are on now but you have to think that they would have to bat first in their games and make a big score and then bowl their opponents out for a very small total seeing as they are both on a minus net run rate.

I will be at Headingley later, hoping the weather up here improves. I'll be amazed if we don't qualify even if we lose the last 2.

Might be a good thing we can't play the quarter final at home based on current away batting form!

Might be a good thing we can't play the quarter final at home based on current away batting form!

At last another good innings from Stirling.

Cannot believe the biased commentary that we are getting on the You Tube. I am not really surprised as over the years, I have heard one-eyed Yorkshire commentators but this bloke is unbelievable, as soon as Benjamin took that catch, he seamed fine with it but as soon as Lyth questioned the catch, so did our 'Home' Commentator.

Administrator

Agreed! Also, Duckworth-Lewis today is bizarre, they are somehow ahead even though they need 13 an over for 7 overs with 4 wickets down??

How good was Dan Mousley?! Such a clean hitter with brilliant footwork and great hands through the ball.

And here we are signing players like Moeen Ali who might potentially block his path to a regular first team place...

Duckworth/Lewis has always been ridiculous on the basis that it might have to be a mathematical equation to try and resolve games but the more games that are decided using this method, the more extreme it will get. Also, it can never decide on the strength of a batting line up. Have to laugh at the subtitles "Great deaf bowling from breath away" instead of " Great death bowling from Brathwaite".

Cracking win

Thought we bowled quite poorly apart from Lintott & Brathwaite in all honesty but our batting was excellent, especially Mousley.

paulbear wrote:

Cannot believe the biased commentary that we are getting on the You Tube. I am not really surprised as over the years, I have heard one-eyed Yorkshire commentators but this bloke is unbelievable, as soon as Benjamin took that catch, he seamed fine with it but as soon as Lyth questioned the catch, so did our 'Home' Commentator.

Must agree.At the end he kept going on about the thrashing they gave us at Edgbaston and would not give us any praise at all.

Very biased. But nowhere near as bad as the Somerset commentary and stream, goodness me!

Are we guaranteed a home QF now?

Administrator

Almost certainly - we'd need to lose heavily and Derbyshire would have to win by a huge margin to overturn the NRR difference. I think we'd be looking at record defeats and wins for it to happen.

Just back from game, Stirling, Mousley, Carlos and Lintott outstanding, some great catching too. They went really quiet for large parts of the game, a great win overall.

Very impressed with the performance last night. Even Stirling found some form! I'd like to see Dan Mousley in the team more often, especially in the red ball games.

Super Moderator

I agree that it was a good all round performance.
I was surprised at how much moving around of the field Alex Davies was doing. I presume that Carlos was happy with this - maybe relying on the fact that Davies is in a good position to see what is happening and what is needed. But I can think of a few captains who would very quickly have told him who was in charge.

Super Moderator

It looks as though the teams going through to the quarter finals are almost decided and the main issue to be resolved is who gets the home fixtures.
It's Surrey, Somerset, Essex and Hampshire from the South Group and the Bears, Lancashire and Derbyshire from the North Group plus the winners of Yorkshire v Leicestershire tomorrow.