Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

Just announced that the Club have signed India international all-rounder Krunal Pandya for the Royal London campaign.

He's a solid player tbf

Hopefully he makes more effort, contributes more and is better value for money than the last Indian they employed.

Although it would be almost impossible not to!

Administrator

Still don't know quite what you've got against Vihari, he was no worse than any of the other overseas players we had last season.

Pandya is a good signing and should bring a few more people into the ground as well. I'm guessing we'll be playing most of our matches at Portland Road?

Super Moderator

I think most of us would agree that Vihari was a disappointment last season. But the "makes more effort" remark implies that he didn't try his best; and that is a pretty insulting thing to say about any professional sportsman.

Vihari deserves credit for his knock in the 2nd innings v Essex at home, was crucial and we wouldn't have won that game with it. He looked very committed that day.

He was much better signing than Malan who only made runs on that featherbed pitch at New Road. And by all accounts he was a bit of a git in the dressing room.

Is McAndrew not available for this the RL then?

I'm sure some here will be devestated!

https://edgbaston.com/news/krunal-pandya-returns-home-due-to-injury/?fbclid=IwAR3lB2sE8pQPrxTeB7Fsa9ePvZd7ebBhr24pvRNQ5g7UJAaOnWlYIUyNC_s

Shame as was actually making a positive contribution to the side, when he was fit.

Well as he was our Overseas player yes it is dissapointing for him and for us.

He had an injury during his contract, it happens.

Good luck to him

Highveld wrote:

I'm sure some here will be devestated!

https://edgbaston.com/news/krunal-pandya-returns-home-due-to-injury/?fbclid=IwAR3lB2sE8pQPrxTeB7Fsa9ePvZd7ebBhr24pvRNQ5g7UJAaOnWlYIUyNC_s

Shame as was actually making a positive contribution to the side, when he was fit.

He seemed to be exactly what you want from an overseas. Contributed well, in his case with bat and ball, rose to the challenge with the ball in the big moments too, and most crucially he seemed to be a leader on the pitch, always really passionate about what he was doing.
Wouldn’t be against him as a T20 overseas next year.

Just six days ago it was stated that he had been diagnosed with a groin strain and would not be available for 3 weeks.
Today he is playing for India and doing very well-good recovery that!

Think that is his brother playing..H Pandya