Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

It's not good news for most of our bowlers as Farbrace sets out plans for next year:
https://edgbaston.com/news/farbrace-we-lack-a-cutting-edge/

He really is very much into us signing from other counties as opposed to developing from within and upskilling what we already have.

What’s happened to Johal? He looked very promising at the end of last year, and now he’s disappeared.
I would like to think the club will get clear of relegation in the next few matches, and then allow the likes of Johal and Simmons a couple of chances in the last couple of CC matches.

I also hope they give OHD some time off over the 50 over comp, so he can be firing on all cylinders for the CC. Because his loss would be catastrophic.

The bowling is a worry, especially with the injured senior bowlers. However, several bowlers don't look the same as last season. I think the loss of Welch is a big factor. I'm not convinced by his replacement, Matt Mason. Why has Johal gone backwards? I really wanted to see Allan Donald given the role.

Totally agree White-lightning; the bowling unit generally looks a pale immitation of last year, even allowing for the long injury list. I noticed what a good raport Welch had with the Hants bowlers at the T20 quarter final and thought then what a loss he was. A great shame; Hants are lucky to have him and if they win the T20 final he will have played no small part in making that happen.

If the rumours are true that he couldn’t stand Robinson and that he didn’t want to work with him anymore, that is really damning for Robinson considering the results this year.
Welch leaves and they’ve gone backwards in the championship with the bowling clearly worse; and arguably worse in T20 as they lost in the QF’s again, but got humiliated and after they clearly prioritised the T20 this year and spent all that money on Davies, Brathwaite, Stirling, Lintott and had Stone available.

Agree, why would Welch jump ship having just won the coveted County Championship, and on the cusp of greater success?
I don't buy the 'new challenge' statement. Welch is a Bear through and through. I don't suppose we'll ever find out the truth behind his decision......