Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Live scores and live stream

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#mfd2fbbe4-b10c-4283-8e94-bdc1ce306df3

Would suggest Lamb and Garrett and not involved in the 1's then...

Super Moderator

Good to see Olly Stone playing a four day game and also that Norwell is at last back in action.
If he's been dropped, Matt Lamb can consider himself unlucky in that he averages almost 50 in the Championship this year - ahead of Sibley, Davies, Benjamin, Mousley and Rhodes.

Yes very strange indeed, especially as mediocrity is allowed from some players.

Very optimistic thinking from me. But I do hope they just give Norwell and Stone, 10-15 overs each today just as a fitness check, and then let them play against Kent tomorrow. Suspect that’s more likely for Norwell than Stone. As the noise has always been that Stone probably won’t play any championship cricket this season at all. But it would be great if he did, proves his fitness and the club come to their senses and offer him a full contract and keep him.

Tough on Lamb if he is dropped, but not unsurprising as despite his season average being good, his last 3 or 4 matches have been poor. And we all suspected he was probably the most vulnerable going into the season, the management clearly have their favourites and he isn’t one of them. Strikes me more as them taking the opportunity to drop him as always planned. His early season form was probably inconvenient to the plans of those behind the scenes.

If it's a shortened day due to weather could see 1 or 2 shoot back to Brum early morning and be in the first team squad. Lunch taken at 12.40? Did they start early or are they going three 100 minute sessions I wonder?

Lunch was taken at the normal time.

Cheers. NC Play cricket site earlier said play would be resuming at 1.23 so I wasn't sure
The detailed notes confirm it was 1301-1339

Lamb needs to show he can be threatening with the ball I reckon to be sure of his place. 3 centuries in 41 first class games. Several players were let go for having scored only 2 or 3 in far fewer games plus he's batting down the order so more risk-reward getting someone else in who can offer something else

Probably longer drinks breaks and drinks at the fall of a wicket.

Hopefully the umpires are sensible and flexible on timings today.

I’m assuming by the fact that Garrett is playing, but no Craig Miles means Miles is either playing tomorrow or injured.

Very strange that on what is a day that should be more suited to batting, Notts were all out cheaply, followed by Khan and Yates also failing.

Yates got a bit of a shocker looking at the replay

He's lucky he's not getting a level 1 charge for dissent the way he reacted to the umpires decision.

He is but it is yet another 'Shocker' in a season which has seen some awful umpiring. There is a fine line between disappointment and dissent but if the umpire says he showed dissent then he can say "only because it was a poor decision".

50's for Lamb and Stone, in an unbeaten 100+ partnership.

Stone stranded 92* having run out of partners.

Super Moderator

A good win against (to be honest) a fairly nondescript Notts team. Maybe best news - at last some runs for Rob Yates, 89 not out.

GerryShedd wrote:

A good win against (to be honest) a fairly nondescript Notts team. Maybe best news - at last some runs for Rob Yates, 89 not out.

And Norwell & Stone played a full 4 days. Decent runs for Lamb (I hope enough to get a new contract offer) and wickets for Lintott (enough for him to be given another CC chance).

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'