Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

Preview here:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/middlesex-vs-warwickshire-19-august-2022/#match-match-previews
No Pandya in the squad but I haven't seen any updates about the extent/nature of his injury.

Super Moderator

....and news from the Middlesex camp:
https://www.middlesexccc.com/news/2022/08/squad-preview-middlesex-v-warwickshire-royal-london-cup

Pandya was missing from the field for part of the tied game and for a significant part of the game on Tuesday.

In both cases, his absence was harmful to the teams performance.

Maybe because he was injured...

GerryShedd wrote:

Preview here:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/middlesex-vs-warwickshire-19-august-2022/#match-match-previews
No Pandya in the squad but I haven't seen any updates about the extent/nature of his injury.

Pretty strong side: Eskinazi, Robson, Stoneman, Yadav and... Pieter Malan

Live scores link

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m0f6251c0-9128-4fd7-a3ca-32d1c2ebb202

Burgess gone off injured

Good job we have Kai in the team.

Gives him a good opportunty to show his keeping skills.

More concerned about how bad the injury is. Whether he’s going to be able to bat or if he’s out for some time. Don’t need him missing for the championship matches.

I'm watching at the ground. I couldn't quite see how he did it but suspect an acrobatic take from an OHD dot ball. Might have landed on his hand funny.

Been watching for energy and enthusiasm fro. The field. Which is there in patches. You can definitely see the differences between the situations on the players and not seeing a lot from the established red ball players. You can already see that there's some players Rhodes doesn't trust with the ball and I'm wondering if both these things add up to the young lads not really having much to look up to. See how this hypothesis develops over the rest of the game.

Not sure why Rhodes put them in. Not always a successful ploy this season in any format we have played.

I'll tell you what George Garrett is improving my opinion of himself. From extra cover his action looks a lot of moving parts but he's getting a lot more accurate with perhaps some movement - there's some playing and missing. He did give up some boundaries early on.

paulbear wrote:

Not sure why Rhodes put them in. Not always a successful ploy this season in any format we have played.

Commentator said in 7 List A matches at that ground, the team batting first has won 7 times.

I have just seen Micky B in the nets while queing for a coffee. Looked to be hitting well but grimacing and grinning in equal measure. I don't think he'll miss much CC but not sure how he'll go today.

Has Rhodes made the right decision after winning any toss this season?

Our strength with this line up was to bat first as we are a bowler light.

Dreadful decision at the toss I mean it must incredibly flat if Pieter Malan can get runs...

Super Moderator

Pieter Malan has scored three fifties and one hundred in five knocks so far in the RLODC. That's alongside a career FC average of 46. So he's really no slouch with the bat.
Not sure about the decision to bat first. If being without Pandya means that bowling is our weaker suit, then I can see the argument that it's a good idea to be doing what you're best at in the second half of the game. But if the opposition score 374 then it's a bit like a boxer saying "I'll save my strength and attack in the second half of the bout" and getting knocked out in the first round.

This could be a massive defeat.

Sounding like a broken record but the bowling was poor yet again, and far too much pressure on the batting as a result.

So many loose balls, and didn't make the most of the favourable conditions early on.

After what has just happened in the Test match, it looks like one of those days where you wish you could click your fingers and the whole day gets eradicated from your brain.

Good to see Matt Lamb, finally, given a chance to bat at 4.