Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

A summary of the complicated situation going into the final qualifying match:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62627301

So is it the case that the top team goes straight to the semi final, and 2nd and 3rd play a quarter final? If this is the case we need to win and hope Leicester fail to win, and there is a winner of the Middlesex/Sussex game.

Wonder what the odds are on Sussex and Middlesex conspiring a tie - they both go through then? Failing that even if Leics win we will be 3rd on 11 Points if (IF) we win,

I wonder what would happen if a tie was manufactured like that? I don't know if it would be match fixing as no bookmaking incentive - but I guess there would be a disrepute element to it somehow.

Coop wrote:

Wonder what the odds are on Sussex and Middlesex conspiring a tie - they both go through then? Failing that even if Leics win we will be 3rd on 11 Points if (IF) we win,

sheffield_blue wrote:

So is it the case that the top team goes straight to the semi final, and 2nd and 3rd play a quarter final? If this is the case we need to win and hope Leicester fail to win, and there is a winner of the Middlesex/Sussex game.

Assuming we win and there is a winner of the Middlexex/Sussex game, then all the Leicester result does is determine whether we play the QF at home or away? We qualify regardless I think.

Administrator

From Will Rhodes instagram account, it sounds as though Pandya has returned home (he posted “safe travels”)

Bugger.
That’s no front line spinner for the knock outs if we get through.
Lucky tomorrows match is at Edgbaston not Ciderabad.

Would be very handy to get Bethell or Mousley off the bench of one of the Hundred teams.

Yes, that is one of many annoying things about that competition players sit on their bums without getting valuable games whilst their respective counties need them to actually play. Why is is that this format gets first dibs on players, especially if they don't play them.

Super Moderator

No Burgess, no Pandya:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/warwickshire-vs-somerset-23-august-2022/#match-match-previews

Bethell is a classic case. He sits out watching the tournament, then comes in cold and gets a golden duck. During that time he could have played 7 List A games for the Bears and found some form.

Am I right in thinking that if it’s rained off or a tie, we don’t go through because of Net Run rate?

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m544f82d7-582d-4dc9-87ac-70fba91da7fb

Live scores link

I’m tentative in saying this because it could easily come back to bite me in the county championship match in September. But is there a player who has dropped off more in the last couple of years than Steven Davies?
Averaging 16 in the CC this year, didn’t play T20, averaging 9 in the RLODC.
He’s 36, contract ends next season, they’ve got Rew there who turns 19 in the winter. I wonder if we can expect this season or next to be his last.

100-4 is poor if you consider what is to come after. A lot depends on the skipper. Leicestershire are 68-6 and so victory takes us through if they lose but the feeling at moment is that Somerset who have done *** all so far in tis competition are going to put and end to our one-day season.

paulbear wrote:

100-4 is poor if you consider what is to come after. A lot depends on the skipper. Leicestershire are 68-6 and so victory takes us through if they lose but the feeling at moment is that Somerset who have done *** all so far in tis competition are going to put and end to our one-day season.

Goldsworthy is bowling some of the worst tripe I have ever seen and yet he takes 2 wickets, Harding is also dreadful but we find ourselves 4 down............0 wins in 7 matches for Somerset btw

113 off 16 overs. Up at 7’s now.
I think we’re struggling to manipulate the field, would like to see us pushing into the gaps more and pressuring fielders. Instead we seem to think we can rely on boundaries, but we’re not hitting them.

And annoyingly, Leicestershire are fighting back to the point where they are now perhaps, favourites at 136-6 with plenty of time to get them.

199-5 now and Smith just has to try and stay with the captain. Leicestershire now 158-8 so still all to play for. COYB.

Does it matter what Leicestershire do as long as we win?

No it doesn't but Rhodes out as I speak and I fear we will be "Concentrating on the league" now. Maddy out now, another slightly leg-side LBW.