Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Somerset still batting, draw suits both sides.....

Warks should stop taking wickets - reduce the time left to survive!!

That was, for us, a decent opening partnership, for any other side barely acceptable.

We may as well just start 0/2 and see how we get on with the remaining 9 men.

308 in 66 overs, anyone fancy us......thought not

He’s looked solid with the bat so far. But the fact Davies always seems to set off on a run every ball, and Sibley having to scream no, is giving me palpitations.

Those Sibley and Davies dismissals were so ridiculously infuriating. Done all the hard work. Just keep batting, take up time ….. instead they try smash it to the boundary.

Just no sensible patience from Sibley and Davies. Literally given their wickets away. Somerset could still win this....

In fairness at that stage there was just the possibility of getting the runs so going for boundaries was displaying a positive attitude. With 3 down though caution is what is now required.

LeicesterExile wrote:

In fairness at that stage there was just the possibility of getting the runs so going for boundaries was displaying a positive attitude. With 3 down though caution is what is now required.

I think they could still go for it. But it’s made much harder by Sibley and Davies getting out and going for it too early.

I’d think of it like this. If they continued as they were. Get to tea, as is now. 200 off 35 overs.
Bat at 4 an over for 15 overs, and suddenly it’s 140 needed off 20 with 9 wickets in hand, a tired attack with 2 set batsmen, and 5 recognised batsmen still to come.
Then you can go for it, and if you lose a few wickets you can decide at 5 down, let’s block out now, and there’s only 10-15 overs to see out.
Whereas now, lose a quick couple after tea, you’re 5 down with 30 overs to go.

What's the cut off? What time can we play til if (big if) the light holds?

I don’t know about time. But I suspect it’ll be irrelevant as it’s a minimum 30 overs left. And you suspect Somerset will ensure that’s the maximum there’ll be as well.

Given how the match is progressing do you think we might have a "slog" in the final 15/20 overs?

Not after those two wickets.

Burgess looked incredibly disappointed with that decision, clearly indicating he felt he got bat on it. The BBC Somerset commentator still decided to comment that it looked a "very straightforward decision for the umpire".

That looked a shocking decision on Burgess

Borderline dissent from him standing there for so long pointing at his bat suggests that he got a decent nick on that delivery.

I make it something like 20 overs to bat out for the draw

It looked high from here in the Hollies.

22 overs left - 6 an over to win !! On Youtube it looked a shocker for Burgess

What a ridiculous run from Yadav...........what the hell was he thinking?

Whether it was out or not that was suicidal!!

Hain called him through

Surely it was Hain's call as he was running to the keeper's end and the ball was at that end of the field.