Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Our second team have a fifty over one day friendly v Cardiff Uni.
As this is played on a club ground, it may not be subject to the restrictions on Spectators there are at Edgbaston & Portland Road.

Any scorecard for this?

Andy wrote:

Any scorecard for this?

It looks like it will be on Play-Cricket Live Scores (live.nvplay.com/ecb/), cos the match is listed as an upcoming fixture - Thursday (22nd) 11.00 start at Moseley CC (50 over game). The First team start at exactly the same time, a mile or two away of course !

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Live scores and highlights
https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m2df4abdd-ef76-40e5-a530-86bd0d0814e7

Dan Lincoln, a Batsman who has had a few T20 appearances for Middlesex and Ben Wells who has a great record batting for Somerset 2nd's, are both in our Seconds team playing today.

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

We're on 245 for 3, with Ethan Brookes, 74 NO and Dan Lincoln, 52 NO.

Ethan has got his 100, with Henry at the other end. Quite a moment for the Brookes family.

Anyone know what's happened to Jake Lintott so far this year? I haven't seen his name mentioned in any squads or on any scorecards and wonder if he's got an injury.

The_Lickey_Banker wrote:

Dan Lincoln, a Batsman who has had a few T20 appearances for Middlesex and Ben Wells who has a great record batting for Somerset 2nd's, are both in our Seconds team playing today.

Interestingly, Ben Wells is also a wicket keeper. He's been a regular 2nd XI keeper at Somerset for 3 years, but it looks like they have just released him. Given Vikai Kelley's batting deficiences (he is a great keeper though), I wonder whether Wells might be seen as another reserve wicket keeper. The plan with Malan, was to also use him as a back up keeper to Burgess, though obviously that's now on hold.

Solbear wrote:

Anyone know what's happened to Jake Lintott so far this year? I haven't seen his name mentioned in any squads or on any scorecards and wonder if he's got an injury.

I think part of the contract deal with Jake, was that he would be released for teaching duties at Queens College until the start of the T20 season in June. He'd then be available for that, the remaining 1st Round Championship games, the RLC and the Divisional Championship games.

Thanks LB, that makes sense. I see that Dan Lincoln is keeping wicket in the current game - Playfair doesn't mention any wicket keeping abilities but it does say he was a goalkeeper for Reading and Arsenal junior teams so probably picked up some transferrable skills!

Solbear wrote:

Thanks LB, that makes sense. I see that Dan Lincoln is keeping wicket in the current game - Playfair doesn't mention any wicket keeping abilities but it does say he was a goalkeeper for Reading and Arsenal junior teams so probably picked up some transferrable skills!

I noticed Play Live had Lincoln down as Keeper. I wonder if that is a typo - they either got the wrong 'newbie' (and it should be Wells), or (the usual) Kelley? Lincoln has never been listed as a (cricket) keeper - though, as you say Sol, goalies do have 'transferable skills'!