Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Pakistan fast bowler signing for next season according the the Telegraph cricket correspondent.
21 tests, 77 wickets. Did well for Lancs last season with 25 wickets at 20 runs a piece.
He is the quality we desperately need.

That would be a brilliant signing.

Would be an excellent signing, fingers crossed.

We should wait and see how he performs.

Our recent overseas signings have not impressed with their performance or their effort.

He did well at Lancashire and would be good to see him sign for us. I'm a little sceptical that will happen.

https://edgbaston.com/news/boom-explosive-pace-bowler-hassan-ali-sign-for-bears/

Hah, shows what I know, signed for all of the Blast and CC up to July. You never know how fast bowlers will work out but he did well at Lancashire last year so I'm optimistic.

Fingers crossed he will last to the end of July, then hopefully we can get a decent replacement for the September fixtures. If they all stay fit we seem to have a surplus of seam bowlers- Olly H-D, Liam Norwell, Hassan Ali, Chris Rushworth, Craig Miles, Ed Barnard, Henry Brookes- any others?

Per cricinfo, Pakistan have a white ball series in April - May, Hassan Ali wasn't in the Pakistan world T20 squad, but if he was recalled he'd miss that first chunk of the county season.

Administrator

Given our luck with overseas players recently I wouldn't be surprised if he got a call-up!

Administrator

…and he has now been called up by Pakistan. He leaves on 3rd July. I wonder if we’ll try to get a replacement, as we’ll miss him in the championship unless Norwell is fit soon.

Super Moderator

Yes, disappointing for the Club but good news for him.
Norwell's fitness becomes even more of a key issue.

It's a real blow that he will miss a potential T20 quarter final and finals day. Given that our quick bowling options are a weak point of the white ball team this year, the management should seriously consider a quality overseas replacement.

Not even in the XI for the 1st Test!

How frustrating!

Also not picked in the XI for the second test

Has re-signed for 2024 CC and Blast till end of July with the option to return later in the year.

Administrator

Good news! Let’s hope we have him for the full stretch this time

Super Moderator

I agree that this is a good (re) signing.

Apparently there’s a clause in there that states he’ll return for finals day if they qualify and the final championship phase in September.
Obviously requiring that at least one of those is relevant to us winning something still.