Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Since the aspects of the Strauss review relating to the domestic structure have been summarily rejected by the counties one way the counties are seeking to meet the ECB half way is by creating an 8 team top division. 8 is closer to but not nearly as preposterous as a ridiculous 6 team top division. I'm hearing discussion is/has already taken place over the way to achieve this and the most obvious way is by promoting only 1 side and relegating 3 at the conclusion of 2023 - a cpmplete reversal of what occurred in 2019 when 1 was relegated and 3 promoted ahead of 2022

One or two county chiefs are still expressing a preference for conferences like we had in 2020/2021 or removing several counties from first class status altogether. Lancashire CEO was all about this a few months ago which strikes me as a bit rich. A county that has, in close to 90 years, only won the county championship title once shouldn't be permitted to run down the likes of Durham or Essex or Leicestershire IMHO

Would folks on here prefer 1 up 3 down in one go in 2023 or a more measured 2-season approach - 2 up 3 down for a couple of years until it's sorted and until it's time for the next shambolic overhaul?

Super Moderator

One up and two down for two years would achieve it, if that's how it must be.
As for removing counties, I guess that Leicestershire would be top of most people's list as most likely to go - and when did they ever produce anyone for England?
Oh, hang on, just remind me, which county developed that young lad Rehan Ahmed?

How about David Gower and even Stuart Broad started his career at Leicestershire. A Bears favourite Darren Maddy is another produce by the Foxes.