Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Difficult to believe, but the following (reported in The Times) includes comments from the new ECB Chairman that are music to the ears.

The ECB chairman, Richard Thompson, believes there is “too much white-ball domestic cricket” and that the time has come for the governing body to say “no” to broadcasters demanding more.
“There is probably too much domestic white-ball franchise cricket — ultimately a broadcaster can keep putting money on the table but the national governing body at some point is going to say no,” Thompson said. “I think we’re now at that stage where governing bodies have got to say when we actually have too much and that is probably now.”
“I have a personal view on this, and I think that view is shared by the ECB directors,” he said. “It’s that the primacy of the game is red-ball cricket. It has to be. Careers are defined by winning Ashes — probably before World Cup wins, and in that sense, the ECB I feel is, and has to be, the custodian of that particular format.”

He'll never last with that attitude!

Definitely good to hear this.
I also think there is way too many needless one day international series. Appreciate there is still and element of catching up on obligations post COVID but after the farce of the one day series in Australia following the World Cup we now have short trips to South Africa and Bangladesh imminent!

The answer appears to be yes there is;
First-class counties winning the battle to preserve existing domestic calendar
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/countycricket/first_class_counties_winning_battle_preserve_existing_domestic_calendar.html

There are no big decisions still to be made. We're sticking with the volume of cricket in 2023 and will most likely roll through 2024

Sense prevails!!!

There were a couple of bits around promotion and relegation, we've got discussions ongoing, but I don't foresee anything dramatic happening

So either 1 up 3 down in one go or 2 up 3 down for two seasons is my guess they want it back to 8 in top division and 10 in Division 2