Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Fixtures for the second eleven team have begun appearing on the Warwickshire website and on a couple of other clubs websites - Notts, Hants and Kent for example.

A few errors though on Warwicks website they are showing the second XI championship games as three day matches (should be four) and the second XI one day T20 games are also showing as three day matches

The first friendly appears to be Monday March 27th three day game Vs Worcestershire at Portland Road I suspect they will have a first team game at Edgbaston against the same opposition concurrently as they did last season

Looks like they've fixed the errors on the main website

Second eleven friendlies x3

March 27-29 Worcestershire Portland Road
July 24 SACA Portland Road (50 over match)
July 26 SACA Portland Road (50 over match)

Second eleven Championship x 10

April 10-13 Essex Billericay
April 17-20 Somerset Portland Road
April 25-28 Surrey Guildford
May 8-11 Worcestershire Kidderminster
July 3-6 Glamorgan Newport
July 17-20 Northamptonshire Portland Road
August 28-31 Gloucestershire away venue TBC
September 4-7 Durham Portland Road
September 11-14 Lancashire Portland Road
September 18-21 Nottinghamshire Portland Road

Second eleven T20 x10

May 16 Gloucestershire Portland Road
May 17 Northamptonshire Portland Road (double header)
May 22 Somerset Taunton Vale
May 23 Gloucestershire Taunton Vale
May 24 Worcestershire Barnt Green
May 26 Glamorgan Portland Road
May 31 Glamorgan Newport
June 7 Worcestershire Portland Road
June 8 Somerset Portland Road

There's also one confirmed ECB under 18 fixture so far which is Warwickshire u18 v Worcestershire in the 50 over County Cup pencilled in for July 2nd at Portland Road. This team also enters the Graham Williamson 40-over knockout trophy playing Leamington in the first round in April

The 4-day game at Billericay due to begin today was abandoned on Sunday. The under 18's have two scheduled 50-over friendlies on Wednesday and Thursday but the forecast doesn't look too promising.

They lost on Saturday in their first round Graham Williamson Trophy tie at Leamington CC with Craig Miles for Leamington blowing the top order away.

The Warwickshire League have postponed next weekend's opening round of their league season and the Birmingham League opening round is likely to be significantly affected by the inclement weather this week also.

Game at Portland Road v Somerset seemingly didn't get going today. Pitch still affected by recent weather I assume?

Light rain for much of the morning today. Forecast this week seems to have gone full circle looked set fair when I checked yesterday but now a bit more iffy. Feels a bit warmer though so I reckon they should get going tomorrow on time if there is not another rainy morning to contend with