Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Sadly, still no spectators allowed at Portland Road.

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m48d1b488-5576-4149-abf7-547c4b879c52

Team
EJ Pollock*, DR Mousley, AJ Hose, EA Brookes, DJ Lincoln†, BJJ Wells, VV Kelley, HJH Brookes, MA Johal, GA Garrett, RN Sidebottom, T Ali

We won the toss and elected to bat. 105 for 1 at Lunch (off 28 overs). Pollock out (again - single figures !) for 4, Mousley (opening), on 42 NO from 79 balls, Hose, 54 NO from 75 balls.

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Ed is in need of a good score, he's not even getting many runs for Barnt Green.

Ethan Brookes is turning in some decent batting scores. Be interesting to see if he can become a proper top 5 bat.

Getting tanked by Notts on the morning of the 3rd day (of 4). They are 473 for 4 (off 83 overs) - a lead of 113 already. Awful bowling figures for us:-

Sidebottom - 18 overs, 1 for 60
Henry B - 14, 1 for 53
Johal - 7, 0 for 60
Garrett - 12, 1 for 74
Ethan B - 16, 0 for 107
Mousley - 15, 1 for 99
Ali - 2, 0 for 5

We obviously did well with the bat (360) - with Mousley (100) and Hose (139) getting tons and Ethan Brookes, 55, but only Kelley and Henry B also got into double figures.

Second game for the 14 year old leg spinner Tazeem Ali parachuted in for Days 3 & 4. Not bad figures so far 0-22 off 9 considering to the tap the others got.

Henry not bowled today as travelling up for the Durham game. Mousley also in the 13 man squad so he must be travelling up this evening

Notts 592-7 (120) Tea

Notts 660-8 declared (300 lead)

mad wrote:

A whopping 660 for 8 dec ! 4 century makers - 3 with over 140 ! Equally we had 2 'century makers' (bowlers !) and 3 more who conceded over 80 runs. The worst figures were George Garrett (taking 2 wickets at 48 apiece) & Manraj Johal (1 wicket for 86 runs), but both hit for 5 an over, Ethan B (1 wicket for 131 !), hit at 6 an over and Dan Mousley (1 wicket for 127), hit at 7 an over !

Although we're chasing 300 - I guess with such a benign wicket, it will peter out for a draw sometime tomorrow afternoon - but you never know ! The main interest will be if Ed Pollock gets into double figures this season, whether Ethan Brookes continues with his run of good batting form this season, whether Adam Hose can carry on where he left off in the First Innings and whether 'someone else' (notably the 2 guys on trial - Dan Lincoln and Ben Wells) can score ?!

Is this at Portland Road? If the first team ever play one day matches there we'll see 500 plays 500 I reckon. Absolute postage stamp ground.

Andy wrote:

Is this at Portland Road? If the first team ever play one day matches there we'll see 500 plays 500 I reckon. Absolute postage stamp ground.

I agree, but our batters made the 'postage stamp' look so big, that Stanley Gibbons would have been drooling and Notts made it look, well, simply ''stamp size' ! And so many in our batting line up (with the 3 exceptions named above), never took advantage of those dimensions, by hitting the ball directly to fielders !

The_Lickey_Banker wrote:

mad wrote:

A whopping 660 for 8 dec ! 4 century makers - 3 with over 140 ! Equally we had 2 'century makers' (bowlers !) and 3 more who conceded over 80 runs. George Garrett (taking 2 wickets at 48 apiece) & Manraj Johal (1 wicket for 86 runs), were both hit for 5 an over; Ethan B (1 wicket for 131), was hit at 6 an over and Dan Mousley (1 wicket for 127), hit at 7 an over !

By contrast, none of the Notts bowlers went for more than 4 an over and 2 had very impressive figures. Old Man Trego got 3 for 60 off 22 overs and (CG) Harrison got 4 for 39 off 20 overs ! I think we've been completely outplayed - by bat and ball.

Pollock is in to DOUBLE figures at the close (!) - 28 NO, Mousley 24 NO. We're 56 without loss.

50 for Ed Pollock.
Amir Khan is replacing Dan Moulsley.

Highveld wrote:

50 for Ed Pollock.
Amir Khan is replacing Dan Mousley.

We're now on 108 for 2 after 26 overs. Pollock finished on 62, Mousley obviously Retired NO on 24, Hose was bowled for 6. Amir Khan and Ethan B are both 5 NO. Should be an interesting days play - will we get to the 300 target, capitulate, or hang on in for the draw ?!

Update: Ah, off for rain - and I guess that could be coming and going all day ! The weather might help us bat out for a draw, but any lengthy play is likely to help their (better - see above) bowlers get the win ?

135 for 6 after 36 overs. Khan, (E) Brookes, Lincoln and Kelley all out. So, other than seeing how Ben Wells gets on, it looks like all we can look forward to, is a quickish defeat.

I don't think there will be any need to prepare teas today!

Lost by Innings & 93 runs.

Highveld wrote:

Poor batting on our part - with the honourable exceptions of Mousley, Hose & Ethan Brookes in the 1st innings and to a lesser extent, Pollock & Wells in the 2nd - and poor Bears bowling all round. Notts were a class above in both departments - 4 centurions and notable bowling displays - particularly 6 wickets in the match for Harrison (26-8-48-6) & 5 wickets for Hayes in the 2nd innings (12-7-20-5) !

The_Lickey_Banker wrote:

Highveld wrote:

Poor batting on our part - with the honourable exceptions of Mousley, Hose & Ethan Brookes in the 1st innings and to a lesser extent, Pollock & Wells in the 2nd - and poor Bears bowling all round. Notts were a class above in both departments - 4 centurions and notable bowling displays - particularly 6 wickets in the match for Harrison (26-8-48-6) & 5 wickets for Hayes in the 2nd innings (12-7-20-5) !

Westwood has got a lot to do, to sort the Seconds out. Particularly, the bowling, there was no one at Portland Road who is anywhere near First team standard at the moment (and that includes Henry Brookes) - and some who seriously must be giving rise to doubts a contract extension (I'm especially thinking of George Garrett & Ryan Sidebottom). Some of the batsmen also need attention - mostly with regard to concentration - but also technically (I'm particularly thinking of Ed Pollock, who still can't seem to get the hang of red ball cricket - despite Robinson telling him, he starts with a clean sheet in that regard !). Trotty has work to do with the WHOLE squad I think !