Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Not sure what the actual record is but absolutely astonishing what they've done.
The games they've been involved in have been fantastic. I was privileged along with many on here to be at the India test match at Edgbaston back in June and that probably doesn't even rank in the top three of test matches they've been involved in over the past nine/ten months.

This morning was amazing. I would rather see England lose monumental matches by one run than win them by an innings with three days to spare!! Test Cricket in that respect is more important than results!

Had we lost at the Oval in 2005 by 1 run I'd have been utterly deflated but if we're 2-2 going to the Oval in July and get a game like last night even if we lose by 1 run I think I'd be very satisfied. Is that an age thing or symptomatic of the wider game changes?

Super Moderator

I agree that there have been some amazing matches.
I do think, though, that there is a difference between losing a thrilling match in a fairly unimportant series in New Zealand and losing the deciding match in an Ashes series.
Whether it's because of an exciting finish or because of wanting to see your team win, anything that creates interest in Test cricket has to be good.

Administrator

This summer's Ashes series is looking like it should be a good one.

Meanwhile, India continue to serve up horrible turning pitches, which is definitely not in the best interests of Test cricket. At least this one was rated "poor"...

Yes, less than 9 days playing time for 3 Tests, that is awful. Bet no one in India is buying Test tickets for all 5 days.