Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Live score and youtube links to appear here when available

https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/durham-v-warwickshire-29-april-2021/

NV Play page with scores and youtube link
https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#mbbffdac2-bce7-465f-bd8e-761fbf5d126c

Direct YouTube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWu4zqc4Big

What do people expect from this game? any team changes etc?
Sibley is still out,
Can Stone play 3 games in a row?
Any other changes?

Sadly Malan won't be available until the Worcestershire game the following week.

Administrator

Maybe Norwell for Stone if he's fit and Stone needs a rest?

Yeah I have wondered if the ECB will let Stone play this one after the exertions of the last 2 games.

Good challenge for us this, Durham away.

This will be a good test for this side. Playing Durham in Durham in April, is the cricket equivalent of a cold Wednesday night in Stoke.
Rushworth, Raine and Coughlin are all good bowlers, especially in conditions you traditionally get up there.

As you say, I don't think there will be any changes unless Stone is withdrawn, but I suspect that he will play as I believe ECB want him to have overs under his belt.

Norwell would be the obvious change if not, and given all other bowling options are playing in the 2nd's, can't see what else the change would be.

Forecast is looking a bit hit and miss, depending on which website you trust! Especially for the first two days so could be similar to Derbyshire where it's on/off.

Durham have announced their squad, including Mark Wood.
If he does play as you’d assume, the Bears will have faced Harmer, Porter, Rushworth, Wood, Chappell, and Broad in the first 4 matches. That’s a formidable list of some of the best bowlers in the championship/international cricket.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/56911749

The squad, Norwell, Henry and Moulsey added to the team that beat Essex. With Stone been rested.

Our 13 man squad:-

Rhodes, Bresnan, Briggs, Henry Brookes, Burgess, OHD, Hain, Lamb, Miles, Mousley, Norwell, Vihari & Yates.

As expected, (a now fit) Norwell, in for the 'called up' Stone. Probably Vihari's last game - Malan is likley to be here next week.

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Bald_Reynard wrote:

Our 13 man squad:-

Rhodes, Bresnan, Briggs, Henry Brookes, Burgess, OHD, Hain, Lamb, Miles, Mousley, Norwell, Vihari & Yates.

As expected, (a now fit) Norwell, in for the 'called up' Stone. Probably Vihari's last game - Malan is likely to be here next week.

Given the punishment Henry B has been getting by Notts 2nd team, I guess he will be one left out again - and Dan M, despite getting a ton on Monday, is probably the other. So, the only change is likely to be Norwell for Stone ?

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

What's happened to Henry Brookes? Such an exciting prospect getting knocked out of the park by Notts seconds! I hope this is only a temporary blip?

white-lightning wrote:

What's happened to Henry Brookes? Such an exciting prospect getting knocked out of the park by Notts seconds! I hope this is only a temporary blip?

Well to be fair, Henry wasn't the worst Bears bowler at Portland Road the last couple of days, but his figures of 14 overs, 1 for 53 are hardly the stuff of someone on the fringe of the First Team - especially when the likes of Stone, Norwell, OHD and even Miles are taking wickets regularly (and cheaply). This is his third game for the Seconds this season - and he has only taken 5 wickets in 4 innings (and that as one of the Opening bowlers) !

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Super Moderator

Here's my preview of the game:
https://deepextracover.com/2021/04/lvcc-match-preview-durham-v-warwickshire/

Super Moderator

A bad sign that play isn't starting on time and the umpires are wearing gloves!

Toss 11:40, start at 12:00

Norwell in for Stone.
Durham elected to field.

Warwickshire 22/4 at lunch.

Looks like tough batting conditions, and Durham are bowling well, not helped by a very questionable LBW for Rhodes dismissal.

Does anybody else have poor/varying sound quality on their stream?

22 for 4 ! Yates, Vihari, Rhodes and Lamb all out. Winning the toss seems to have given Durham all the momentum ?

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Well that's a crap start.

Administrator

Looks like a horrible pitch to bat on. Very uneven bounce.

Let’s hope we can post some sort of score and then when we get on to bowl we can ask some questions.

It’s always difficult to judge a pitch on the first session. I may be mistaken but I believe Essex were in a similar position against Durham but still managed a victory!

25/6 now. Awful start!