Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

CR Woakes is back

Administrator

Woakes for Miles/Brookes the only change? Or Yates back in for Benjamin? Think we have to keep backing Moeen for the time being.

Any news on Hassan Ali’s injury? Would be good if he is fit for the next championship game, at least.

Think I saw on the website Hassan was "targeting the Notts championship game.

Hassan and Norwell both "targeting the Notts championship game". Does that mean they'll be fit? Not sure.

Anyway, now that Moeen is off to England he may not even play this one.

Woakes and Yates in for Moeen and Barnard? I think we'll stick with Benjamin as we know he can be destructive on his day and management will hope that by keeping him in he will find some form at some point.

Super Moderator

The Club say:

"Ali is still expected to captain the Bears in Vitality Blast action tonight (7 June) at home to the Derbyshire Falcons and is also available for Friday night’s home clash with Northants Steelbacks."

"Is also available" suggests that it isn't certain he will captain and maybe won't play on Friday.

Administrator

Yates and Woakes in for Barnard and Lintott

Line up looks a lot better and more balanced. Plus we are finally going to bat first!

I'm pleased were getting more local lads and academy products into the XI.

Yes it does indeed look a more balanced line up.

All the batting talent we have, Davies and Yates up top seems abit of a waste

Davies riding his luck here

Well this is pretty poor going.

140/6 after 16.2, not great against one of the weakest teams in the competition. Some poor shot selections and three top batsmen all bowled against a spinner with only one wicket in the T20 campaign so far! Up to Sam Hain to yet again dig us out of a hole.

Administrator

Over 200 again! Incredible by Hain. Nice cameo from Woakes as well

If England continue to ignore Sam I wonder how long until the franchise’s start sniffing around? He is some player!

Good recovery, Hain again of course and Woakes is pure gold in limited overs. What's happened to Maxwell and Benjamin though!?

A brilliant knock from Sam Hain scoring 79 not out. Total looks much better at 203/7......how much longer can England ignore Sam?

Brookes first over goes for 14! Poor show after his display last Friday against the same opposition. Why didn't they go with Lintott's pace off the ball instead?

Brookes is so out of form, I'd rather OHD or Barnard if we are going with 3 non spinners.

Brookes was pretty good Saturday.

Poor once again from Brookes. Poor with the bat other than Hain again (Mousley did ok as well)

It is putting the team under pressure coupled with Moeen looking uninterested for the last 3 matches.

Derbyshire along with Leics are the poorest team in this group but are looking likely to beat us twice in a week.

Amazingly the pitch is looking like a road for their batsmen, we have been very underwhelming since Moeen got involved.