Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

Chris Woakes available for the next three matches is good news:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/durham-vs-bears-20-june-2023/

Yes, and if only because he is a pro cricketer who wants to play, not be stuck in and out of various changing rooms around the country. Also, if because of injury he is called into the England squad at any time, it would be nice if he had some playing time rather than go into a game rusty and underbowled.

Gone away from us at the end there - Turner played a great innings tbf but our bowling didn't necessarily help.

That's a defendable score when it could've been a cruise.

Have to hope the reason they struggled was cause we bowled well up front rather than a tricky wicket. Excellent from Ali in particular who will be a big miss.

And two excellent pieces of fielding on the boundary by Lintott!

3 of the 4 wickets have been reverse sweeps!

This happened in another game earlier this season, don't we learn!

Glad we didn't lose that, after the Test, I was ready to explode. Bethel, that's a dream little innings.

Thank goodness for Bethell

Administrator

Let’s not forget Briggs at the end there as well - that six off the last ball of the penultimate over took a huge amount of pressure off the last over.

Some of those shots were completely unnecessary in the position we were in needing a run a ball. Benjamin is still scratchy and Mousley just needed to see off Sowter's last couple of balls. Bethell is a brilliant talent and seems to be able to clear the ropes at will.
But we have to remember that our batting unit are still young and they are learning to play the situation.

Super Moderator

Biggest worry is star man Maxwell averaging 13.

Maxwell must be due a good score. I reckon it will be a big one on Friday night.

Jacob Bethell showed remarkable maturity last night. And Lintott boundary fielding proved to be absolutely massive.

They need to cut back on the reverse sweeps. You miss playing across the line and invariably you're out lbw. England paid the price against the Aussies.

Super Moderator

I think that Bob Woolmer and Dermot Reeve are responsible for the reverse sweep craze.

Great little knock from Bethell last night to drag us over the line.

Despite winning 7 from 10 matches we are by no means certain of qualifying, which is very unusual. 1 more win should do it.

Hopefully Maxwell will bed in with a couple of overdue scores. I fully agree with the 'too many sweep shots' comments. All Durham did last niight was bowl at the stumps and we kept getting ourselves out.........we were playing across the line to both spinners & seamers though