Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

Preview here:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/notts-outlaws-vs-bears-30-june-2023/#match-match-previews

I assumed Dom Bess would be retained for the T20 to replace Briggs. We still have plenty of spin options though. I hope OHD and Rhodes get a go.

Super Moderator

Yorkshire have taken Dom Bess back for the Blast. But I guess it is possible that if they don't qualify for the quarter finals, he could come back to the Bears.

Thanks. If Bess comes back then perhaps we are looking at a permanent arrangement.

Olly Stone makes his comeback from injury for Notts tonight.

Super Moderator

Good luck to Olly. He's not yet 30 so could still have a good career ahead of him.

OHD and H Brookes IN

12 extras out of Notts first 17 runs!!

Update - 13 out of 18

Administrator

Why is Brookes bowling two overs in the powerplay?! Ok, he got a wicket but he has consistently shown that he can’t bowl 6 good balls in a row.

No ones bowled 6 good balls in a row though?

Administrator

Why not give Mousley or Maxwell a go though, as we have in other matches? They’ve usually been successful in the powerplay

Hales and Clarke are normally severe on spin in the powerplay.

Administrator

Fair point. Hales was out by that point though. Anyway, going much better now

Think we’re definitely seeing why this is OHDs first T20 match of the season.
I’d like to see Davies stood up to him though. Would give the batsman something else to think about.

Not sure that was out.

Not sure about that one either. Same umpire?

Administrator

Yep, same umpire and I’m certain that wasn’t out. Literally the ball before we saw how much it’s swinging, and it’s hit him outside leg stump. Very poor call.

What an awful decision from the umpire..........terrible follow up shot from Benjamin but that was a shocker for Davies

Sloppy in the field and now sloppy with the bat. Injuries and the fact that we are through do not help at all.

In fairness, 1 terrible decision, 1 terrible shot & 1 fantastic catch and all of a sudden the game looks lost

This is obviously far from ideal but it's also objectively very funny.

Good game to win from here.