Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Quarter final confirmed as Thursday at 6.30pm

Members and season pass holders get in for free: https://edgbaston.com/news/bears-confirm-ticket-details-for-home-quarter-final/

What will be the chances of this being on you tube or will Sky block it?

Sky planner has a QF scheduled on both Thu & Fri night so possibly will be our game. Don't imagine they will block YouTube streams - as I recall last year they didn't show either QF the night we played Hants and actually pointed people towards the live streams.

Mousley just gone off injured - finger. Have to hope he can play Thursday!

Do others agree with me that Davies should continue as captain and Moeen, if available, should replace Benjamin?

LeicesterExile wrote:

Do others agree with me that Davies should continue as captain and Moeen, if available, should replace Benjamin?

100% agree, but think 100% it won't happen.

Super Moderator

Moeen is in the England squad for Thursday so I can't see him playing.
As for who else should play, an update on Dan Mousley's injury would help.

Surely Davies would have to continue as captain anyway - at the point Moeen took over captaincy we'd only played 2/3 games, whereas now Davies has overseen a whole season - although Davies did also seem to injure his finger/hand slightly right at the end!

If Mousley is injured I would be on the blower to Yorkshire given that they didn't qualify. In fact even if he isn't injured I'd still be on the blower to them.

Don't think he'd be available as he never played in the group stages for us. I could be wrong though.

Ah I didn't realise that was a rule but makes sense.

Also worth noting that Lawrence, who got 58 off 33 in their final group game win, is in the England squad for Thursday. Don't think him or Woakes will be in England line up so presumably him and Woakes play on Thursday, or neither?

Mikkyk wrote:

Also worth noting that Lawrence, who got 58 off 33 in their final group game win, is in the England squad for Thursday. Don't think him or Woakes will be in England line up so presumably him and Woakes play on Thursday, or neither?

Hmmm, you just know Lawrence will be released but not our man!

Mikkyk wrote:

Mousley just gone off injured - finger. Have to hope he can play Thursday!

I have it on good authority that both Mousley and Davies will be fit for Thursday.

Administrator

“Dan left the field on Sunday and didn’t return after getting struck on the right hand whilst bowling,” said Larsen.

“He required stitches between the webbing of his ring finger and little finger and will be closely monitored by our medical team. We remain optimistic about his availability for Thursday’s quarter-final.“

Doesn’t sound like it’s certain for Mousley.

LeicesterExile wrote:

I doubt we will see Moeen unless we make it to finals day. Davies should keep the captaincy for the remainder of the competition, regardless. He has done really well.

ExiledBrummie wrote:

Mikkyk wrote:

I can't see Pope being fit for England- is there any other batting cover in the squad other than Lawrence?

Super Moderator

Andy wrote:

Don't think he'd be available as he never played in the group stages for us. I could be wrong though.

I think it's right that a player can't be brought in for the knock-out stages if he hasn't already played for the team in the Group stages.

Sky TV are showing the Bears game on Thursday. Does anyone know if that will prevent You Tube showing it?

kevandmac wrote:

ExiledBrummie wrote:

Mikkyk wrote:

I can't see Pope being fit for England- is there any other batting cover in the squad other than Lawrence?

Yeah Lawrence is the only batting cover. Pope has now been ruled out so presumably Lawrence plays comes in for him.

LeicesterExile wrote:

Sky TV are showing the Bears game on Thursday. Does anyone know if that will prevent You Tube showing it?

I don't know for sure but the Somerset v Kent game on Sunday was on Youtube, on the Sky Sports Cricket Youtube channel, for free.

Super Moderator

Latest predictions are that Chris Woakes and Moeen will both be recalled to the team for Headingley but that Dan Lawrence won't play. Whether that means he will be released to play for Essex isn't clear.