Barnard
Burgess
Lintott
Brookes
Rushworth
OHD

Super Moderator

Well, here's a surprise - Maxwell to play:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/kent-vs-warwickshire-11-june-2023/#match-match-previews

Hopefully it will make up for a disappointing T20 campaign__

Im not sure how we line up here.

The obvious selection would be to leave Lintott, who is not a good red ball bowler out from the 12, which will give us a very strong batting line up.

I suppose they look at him as a spin option but he very rarely bowls a side out although he can certainly bat. Strange that he averages just under 40 and yet has only got 7 hundreds.

To be honest I thought Glenn would be on his way after the T20, so fair play to him. Coach Robbo says he is a great team man and this shows real commitment. I'd like him to come back next summer and do the business in the T20.

No mention of Sam Hain? Surely not injured? The squad really looks down to the bare bones.

Super Moderator

I was so surprised to see Maxwell there that I hadn't spotted Sam was missing.
Surely he can't have been called up by England?

Live scores link https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/?tab=m_summary#m04e0bf5c-5e44-4050-8b00-6fb93a3c68eb

Sam has a significant hamstring injury, it's possible that he was able to play a 20 over game, but is still not fit enough to be risked over 4 days.

Am I missing something? Hain is part of the 12 named, at least the picture I just checked on Twitter names him in the squad, the website says he’s back too, it’s Mousley who’s out because of his hand.
I could see Bethell not playing with Hain back.
Maxwell fitting in at 5 or 6 instead of Mousley.

Weather suggests fine and sunny today, pretty poor the next 2 days.

Hain is listed as playing. Lintott misses out.

Think Lintott missing out for Maxwell says everything you need to know about how Robinson views Lintotts red ball bowling.

Is this the Kookaburra again?

They must have updated and corrected the website as it now shows Hain as playing. When I looked around 8:00am his name wasn't on the team list.

Andy wrote:

Is this the Kookaburra again?
Yes it is.

Good first session thus far.

Andy wrote:

That's guaranteed to result in a 50 partnership for the 5th wicket!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha

LeicesterExile wrote:

Andy wrote:

That's guaranteed to result in a 50 partnership for the 5th wicket!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha

Ooops - meant 6th wicket !! - it just keeps getting better