Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

With the news that H Brookes and Bethell have been signed up for the Hundread, our squad and our prospects are looking extremely thin. At least players may be released to play for the Bears if unselected.
Which first team players will definitely be available?

Off the top of my head

Rhodes
Barnard
Yates
Burgess
E Brookes (first team ish)
Miles
OHD
Rushworth
Lintott

Basically not many, like to think we'd bring in at least one overseas.

I think that's correct - I make it 9 first teamers have been picked in the Hundred. Frustrating in particular for Bethell to be picked when I think the ODC could be great experience for him.

Norwell also not picked, but I think we can assume he won't play any part in the ODC.

The 9 you've mentioned don't make a bad team though, although would Rushworth be rested?

If we assume yes, take the above 8 plus two batsmen and a bowler - perhaps an overseas that can play and rest of championship?

Garrett, Johal, Sheikh all have full contracts and have all played ODC before.

Might see G Maddy and Kai Smith too maybe Amir Khan.

I feel like we've not lost as many players as we have done in previous years.

We haven't lost as many as previous years, you're right.

However there is still chance for other players to be called in - Miles for example was called up to the hundred half way through it when someone else got injured, so I would expect one or two more may go.

Super Moderator

It's good news that the competition now has a sponsor and it's not fast food or something else unhealthy:
https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/two-down-one-to-go-as-ecb-lands-metro-bank-as-one-day-sponsor/

ajones1328 wrote:

Off the top of my head

Rhodes
Barnard
Yates
Burgess
E Brookes (first team ish)
Miles
OHD
Rushworth
Lintott

Basically not many, like to think we'd bring in at least one overseas.

Has Jake Lintott not been selected for the Undead this season? Last year I thought he played in quite a few Southern Braves games.

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Might line up something like

Yates
Shaikh
Rhodes
Burgess
Barnard
E. Brookes
Smith
Lintott
Miles
OHD
Norwell/Rushworth/Garrett/Johal/Simmons

???

Weve got a fair few options actually.

We had Lamb and Sibley playing in previous years in this comp, bit of a hole to fill. We had Pandya last season too so maybe we'll see another overseas.

Super Moderator

Lintott definitely isn't in any of The Hundred squads so should be available unless he is drafted in as a late replacement.

If there is to be an overseas who should it be?

If we can get a quality overseas player we might be competitive with that line up. Barnard will be a key man if he finds form.

Tayls79 wrote:

If there is to be an overseas who should it be?
I would like Drakes to come back to give us a left arm variation. Or an off spinner all rounder like Pandya last year. We can't just rely on Lintott and a few overs from Yates.

Super Moderator

This is (relatively) good news:
The Cricketer says:
"The Cricketer has been told that players not selected for their previous two Hundred games will be able to slide into their county sides for One-Day Cup fixtures, so long as they do not clash with their team's Hundred matchday. All parties would then have to agree to the player playing for their county."