Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Feels like ages since we had a CC game at Edgbaston.

Weather might be iffy.

Lancashire a decent team, probably better than their league position would suggest.

They have a very decent recent-ish record at Edgbaston. Usually in April or May with Jimmy available

13 man squad

Rhodes
Barnard
Bethell
Briggs
Brookes
Burgess
Davies
Hain
Hamza
Mousley
OHD
Rushworth
Yates

Not sure how line up. Does Briggs come in? Think I'd go Yates as the sole spin option with the game being at Edgbaston.

Hamza will come in. Feel it would be harsh if Brookes missed out having had a decent game game v Kent.

Bethell or Mousley? Robinson quotes read as though Dan might not be 100% fit.

Barnard had a quiet game v Kent, does he stay in?

I’m not sure Barnard has really hit his straps this season. Seen glimpses with the bat. Not too much with the ball.

I don’t think they will, but I’d be tempted to leave him and Bethell out. Suspect it’ll be Brookes and Bethell though.

Hamza, Briggs, Mousley in for Bethell, Brookes and Maxwell.

Think that's a bit rough on Henry. Briggs has hardly set the world alight in his previous 4 day appearances but comes straight back in.

Think I would've brought Briggs in still, but kept Brookes in and dropped Barnard.

Hoping Barnard proves me wrong!

Administrator

In fairness to Barnard, he is averaging 37.75 with the bat, which is third best for us if you don't include Lintott and Maxwell who only played one game. And he's got a wicket today!

Barnard is bowling a good spell here.

Odd innings from Bohannon, played a shot a ball almost and could have out a few times. He's a better player than that.

Administrator

I'm hoping to attend for the first time this season (for a Warwickshire match) tomorrow, and it's also the first time in a while that I'll have been without being a member. Does anyone know if it's cheaper to buy a ticket in advance or if it's the same price on the gate?

Super Moderator

Wading through the River Rea and climbing the wall works for me.

I believe for CC games it's the same on the door as online - £15 either way I think as an adult

GerryShedd wrote:

Wading through the River Rea and climbing the wall works for me.

Sounds to me like a trip down memory lane for you all to save a tanner!!

Honestly irrespective of the 2 wickets, Barnard has bowled consistently very well here, beat the bat so many times.

Mitchell was the big wicket, and will be in the second innings too.

The fact that Briggs is on - and has a wicket - in the second session of first day suggests this pitch will take turn?

Hopefully their young spinner doesn't have a big impact 4th innings.

Difficult to say, it was a bit of a gift to be fair.

Does look like there might be a bit of turn.

Andy wrote:

Honestly irrespective of the 2 wickets, Barnard has bowled consistently very well here, beat the bat so many times.

This is probably the best he’s bowled all year. Just seems to have a bit more zip today.

Administrator

This is starting to get away from us a little, need to break this partnership

Super Moderator

Anyone know what’s wrong with Rushworth - left the field part way through an over?

No idea. Wasn't obvious he had a problem at first, even to the players. Worrying though, Hamza is getting dealt with here.