Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

I saw a list of players across the country whose contracts were up at the end of the year, I've tried to attach a link to the website (a Derbyshire blog which actually is a very interesting read) but it may not work. Amongst the fact that Surry seem to have an entire first team nearing the end of their contracts I could see that ours included messers Burgess, Hannon-Dalby and Briggs. Whilst Briggs has found it tough the past couple of years with injuries I would be most disappointed if Burgess and OHD were allowed to leave.

Quite a few interesting names available though if we were going to be looking at strengthening from outside of the academy.

http://derbyshirecricket.blogspot.com/2023/07/interesting.html#comment-form

I think OHD stays. Burgess may well be weighing up his options, rumours of him leaving have been swirling for about 12 months now.

We may well move on from Briggs.

I think Garrett and Johal are struggling. Only 1 may stay. Likely both will be released.

Hamza Sheikh and Amir Khan will both get extensions I'd have thought.

Don't know about Ethan Brookes.

Its never a nice time. All good cricketers, all good people.

One is for sure, Warwickshire are never very good at this contract lark.

Super Moderator

I think that Clubs do sometimes struggle to handle these matters as sensitively as they should. The arrival of agents on the scene has probably made a difference.
Matters have certainly advanced since the sixties - I read recently that letters for all the players would be pinned to a notice board and players wouldn't know until they opened their letter whether it was a new contract or a termination letter.

Streetly_Bear wrote:

I saw a list of players across the country whose contracts were up at the end of the year, I've tried to attach a link to the website (a Derbyshire blog which actually is a very interesting read) but it may not work. Amongst the fact that Surry seem to have an entire first team nearing the end of their contracts I could see that ours included messers Burgess, Hannon-Dalby and Briggs. Whilst Briggs has found it tough the past couple of years with injuries I would be most disappointed if Burgess and OHD were allowed to leave.

Quite a few interesting names available though if we were going to be looking at strengthening from outside of the academy.

http://derbyshirecricket.blogspot.com/2023/07/interesting.html#comment-form

We could do with strengthening the pace attack so I'd be interested in John Turner of Hampshire and Gus Atkinson of Surrey.
If Briggs is released a new front line spinner should be a priority. Perhaps Bess if he is available.

Michael Burgess has signed on for next season.

Excellent news. Really rate him. Ithink we could be in for this Cox who's left Worcestershire today aswell?

Gone to emerging side Leicestershire

Cox is a good get for Leicestershire. I wouldn't have had him over Burgess though and we have decent keepers coming through the academy.