Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

Spectator guide here:
https://wccc.co.uk/spectator-guide-worcestershire-vs-warwickshire-2/

Super Moderator

Johal and Garrett in the squad:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/glamorgan-vs-warwickshire-10-august-2023/#match-match-previews

Super Moderator

Apparently, the match is now sold out - should be a great atmosphere.

GerryShedd wrote:

Johal and Garrett in the squad:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/glamorgan-vs-warwickshire-10-august-2023/#match-match-previews

Can't see Johal there.

Edit: Ah, just realised that's the squad for Glamorgan!

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/worcestershire-rapids-vs-warwickshire-13-august-2023/#match-match-previews

Here's the squad for the Pears.

You're right GS, Johal is in. I reckon either he or Garrett will be in for Booth - he did get rather caned in Neath.

Super Moderator

Yes, I somehow posted the wrong link - apologies!

Same side that beat Glamorgan. Bowling first.

Not a bad start for the Bears - 18-4

Ed Pollock. He's not good.

I see they stuck with Booth - and he went some way to justifying that decision, with 1 for 21 off 4.

I wouldn't have thought they'd drop Booth after one game. Makes sense to give him a second or a third chance.

It must be a real joy to be there sitting amongst the die hard Worcs supporters.

Glad I didn't decide to go which seems strange after a thrashing like that but take into account, petrol, ticket and parking plus a very one-sided game and it seems like an anti-climax although I am very chuffed. When our neighbours are bad, they are very bad.

Was it on here someone mentioned OHD was about to sign for them?

Feel for Worcestershire tbf they ought to have a schedule which gives them some red ball cricket this month too. All that tea and cake going to waste

LeicesterExile wrote:

It must be a real joy to be there sitting amongst the die hard Worcs supporters.

The strange thing was that nobody seemed bothered. Meant to be sold out, but there were scores of empty seats all over the place.

Super Moderator

Yes, I agree that most of the Worcs supporters seemed resigned to their fate; and there did seem a fair few empty seats. Quite a few Bears supporters there too.

We are currently the only unbeaten team in this competition. We started the CC with some dominant performances (Surrey excepted) and had a powerful run to the T20 QFs before it went pear shaped. I think we've actually got a decent squad that deserves to get some glory this year. One Day Cup seems the best chance. Keep going guys!

I think that was the most one-sided game I've ever witnessed. The Pears were totally abject. No answer to the opening spells of OHD and Barnard.
Booth looked promising and deserved a least one wicket.
4 from 4. Another couple of wins and we will be in the knockouts.

Had some luck in this competition with good tosses v Gloucs and Worcs but probably more so some good play with decent patterns of performance too - the same methods are getting the results though Inwonder what would have happened without Barnard? He's contributed in every single innings. It would be good to get a really good test of our approach before knockouts but on the whole it's hard to see where we would or could change anything.

If he was available Jacob Bethel would strengthen the side, and it would be better for his development than his not playing in the unwanted competition.