Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Rain?

Super Moderator

13 man squad:
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/warwickshire-vs-northamptonshire-steelbacks-18-august-2023/
If the forecast is right, a reduced overs game is the best to be hoped for.

Yeah looks like no chance before 1400 or so according to BBC weather. I'm not sure what a 'no result' means for our qualification assurance but I think it actually hinders it, seems one more win would make sure we qualify but dependent on others results for the top spot. And I think we need top spot to go straight to the semi finals.

Yep, it is only the top team that goes straight through to the semi final. I wouldn't say a no result hinders qualification chances, a no result here and we would only need one more point to qualify but a win would put us in a very strong position to top the group (would have to lose both games and have a significant RR swing).

What is the latest possible start time for one of these games, does anyone know?

Generic ECB List A 50 over guidelines state there has to be a minimum 10 overs per side for there to be a result. So they could probably go as late as 5pm to actually get a game on. And being white ball I assume floodlights could be used so no issues there. I'm hopeful a game will be played if they can get the surface dry. Typically it looks like our nearest rivals in the group are probably going to get a full day's play in.

I should clarify: I know we need to finish top to go straight to the semi finals. I think that if we end up playing away to somewhere like Essex or Hampshire in the quarters we'll lose. One win from either Durham or Sussex though I think we should be able to manage even if it is a no-result here.

Might get 10 overs a side madness in this afternoon.

Latest play can go until is 6:30pm, meaning the start time would be 4:56pm after calculations.

Ten overs each way smashabout would be a great laugh. If we win.

Rain should be stopping by 12.30 so hopefully start around 3

Play due to start at Derby and Leicester in about 30 minutes. Any news from Edgbaston?

Short shower and inspection at 3.30 with play likely around 4-4.15

Short shower has delayed the game by potentially 1.15hr mins. Trying to explain to a friend who doesn't often come to the cricket.. no wonder its hard to attract fans

Still a bit of it in the air here, so frustrating.

Unfortunately looks like the rain might win. Met office said no rain after 12.30..

Now rodding it down.

Now sun shining! If we do play, the boundary Pershore Road side will be one of the shortest ever I reckon.

Two separate lots of rain since the forecasts said it would stop and now we're the only game not playing.

I think the next inspection is last chance saloon.

The shower didn't seem that heavy for so much rain to accumulate on the covers..

Seems bit poor or maybe I'm being harsh

Cricinfo has 1656 start time, which means that 10 overs each way, right? I see the other games today the scoring has been at 8 runs per over so could be fun...

10 over a side smash with an extremely short boundary one side.