Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
MVP
Super Moderator

Three Bears in the top 25, though I don't know why they are identified as Birmingham Bears when the rest are identified by county:
https://www.thepca.co.uk/mvp-domestic/
Anyway, well done to Ed Barnard for making the top ten.

Interesting to see Rob Yates appearing relatively high in the rankings, particularly in the County Championship

MalmesburyBear wrote:

Interesting to see Rob Yates appearing relatively high in the rankings, particularly in the County Championship

No one tell Highveld it will upset his agenda....

Super Moderator

My mind is made up. Don't confuse me with facts.

MalmesburyBear wrote:

I said in the Somerset thread yesterday his numbers stack up favourably in comparison to most other Division 1 openers.

Yates is joint 4th in the fielding category.

Despite Liam Dawson being top, still do not rate his bowling, I wouldn't expect him to run through sides like other spinners do/have done over the last few years. He does not send fear through counties unlike Patel/Harmer who over the last 10 years were 2 spinners who no one liked facing during any game situation. I would not expect Dawson to bowl a side out in a Test if he does get picked to go to India.

Sam Hain was 5th in the batting category.

As mentioned before, this is based on raw stats, so has no context to the results, or the value of the runs etc to a teams match situation.
anyone who is at first slip to a good seam bowling attack should have good raw fielding fgures.

Can't really comment on any potential Test match performances as I don't watch enough of it but Liam Dawson is clearly one of the best players in County cricket, he's improved so much. Had a great couple of years.

Will admit to not being a fan of how the MVP is calculated. It removes the circumstances, meaning a century against a top attack, on a tough deck, to win the match, is the same as a century on a flat deck, against a poor attack in a match that’s always going to be a draw. Cheapens genuine achievements and promotes stat padding.

That being said, Dawson has been excellent this year. With bat and ball. He seems to be turning it a lot more now than in previous years. Which might explain why teams have struggled against him, expecting non-turning darts as has been his speciality for years, and instead getting genuine movement seems to have taken many by surprise.