Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

I somehow think that this won't be greeted with unqualified acclaim on here:
https://edgbaston.com/news/davies-pride-at-being-named-new-bears-club-captain/

Best wishes to him. Be interesting to see if the sides character will change much. Will we be a bit chirpier in the field? Don't recall hearing him shout much. Will games drift more? First season for him could be quite tough but hopefully he'll be able to throw the ball to trusty OHD and Rushy and will he lead from the front or step down the order?

Administrator

I’m sure he wouldn’t have been everyone’s choice but I just hope that everyone can get behind him and not get on his back from day 1.

I wish him well but if we're struggling early season and he's not making runs this could get awkward quickly. Wonder if he drops down the order?

A surprise that at the same time isn’t a surprise at all. He captained the T20 well last year before the knock out stages, the team played far better than they did under Ali.

Still doesn’t inspire confidence with the bat so will be interesting to see how he leads from the front. Will we see a more adventurous (reckless) style of play?

Time will tell.
At least there’s no problem with him being “assured his place in the team” because we all know he’s assured a place in the team no matter how he bats.

It might be tactful for Davies to have a word with Burgess along the lines of "I know you're a better keeper than me and you're worth your place as a batsman anyway. You have the gloves and I'll focus on batting and captaincy."
I hope that's how it plays out.

Super Moderator

Bearing in mind that, in some ways, this appointment was the logical one in that he was T20 captain last year, I'm surprised that it has taken until the second half of January for the announcement to be made.

I'm afraid he doesn't seem like a Warwickshire Captain to me!

I fear for this one.