Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Live scores https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m77cdf17d-a371-4c95-aacd-3a209c6868e5

This is the first game of the 2nd xi T20 competition.
I'd expect Pollock, Mousley, Hose, Ethan B, Thompson, Linnot and sidebottom to be in the core.

EJ Pollock, AJ Hose*, DR Mousley, CR Brathwaite, JG Bethell, EA Brookes, AT Thomson, JB Lintott, CB Simmons, MA Johal, T Mousley†

After losing both T20s to Glamorgan last week, let’s hope for better things today.

Wonder what happened to the South African who played a few weeks ago and along with Henry B won a game we should have lost. I expected to see his name appear regularly after that but apparently not.

Seconds seem pretty poor this year overall, maybe the sunny weather will change their fortunes!

Solbear wrote:

After losing both T20s to Glamorgan last week, let’s hope for better things today.

Wonder what happened to the South African who played a few weeks ago and along with Henry B won a game we should have lost. I expected to see his name appear regularly after that but apparently not.

Seconds seem pretty poor this year overall, maybe the sunny weather will change their fortunes!

I agree Sol. Kiel van Vollenhoven's (and Henry B's) performance against Derbyshire in that hastily arranged T20 Friendly was nothing short of amazing - and he hasn't been back with our 2nds since. I have looked out for his name at other places (as I guess he's looking for a County contract) - but nothing. Perhaps we've said we'll consider him for a white ball contract (at least to start) - and this is the first scheduled T20 for the 2nd's. It would be good to see he's included today.

It will also be interesting to see who will be keeping wicket today. Clearly they don't think Kelley's batting is up to it.

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Dan Mousleys younger broher (Tom) has the gloves.

We got a cracking score (put in by Glamorgan) - 202 for 6 off the 20 overs. Brathwaite, in his first match for us, got 116 off 54 balls (8x4, 10x6) !

It was close in the end - Glamorgan got to 189 for 7 in their 20. Mainly down to an impressive 107 from Selman. Brathwaite was clearly MotM - taking 4 wickets for 27 in his 4 overs. Other wicket takers were Jake Lintott (2 for 32 in 4) and Ethan Brookes (1 for 32 in 4).

do we know if spectators are allowed to enter Barnt Green on Thursday for seconds T20 games?

Members of the Barnt Green club have been allowed to watch their Birmingham league games,

It might be worth emails worcestershire as it's their home game.

Highveld wrote:

Members of the Barnt Green club have been allowed to watch their Birmingham league games,

It might be worth emails worcestershire as it's their home game.

That would be great. 2 matches as well. I'll email them. Thanks.

Social Membership of Barnt Green is quite inexpensive, and is always a great place to watch cricket,

Just had a reply from Worcester, 2XL game against Warwickshire at Barnt Green to be played behind closed doors.