Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

So attention turns to this now. Due to the Test match, it’s almost a case of the first 7 matches are away, and the second 7 at home.
It will be a good chance for some of the other players get involved and see our other overseas Brathwaite. I suspect Woakes will be available for the first few, with the ECB getting him ready for Sri Lanka, and lining him up for the T20 World Cup.
With Brookes apparently injured currently, I think the first side will look like this:
Pollock
Rhodes
Hose
Hain
Lamb
Burgess
Woakes
Brathwaite
Bresnan
Briggs
Lintott/Norwell (depending on the pitch)

I haven't really got a clue how we'll line up in this comp. H. Brookes being injured is a huge blow. I'd imagine Yates could start ahead of Pollock. Hose to open? I'd have thought Mousley will come in.

Based on current second team T20 performances Pollock has to be included, over 200 runs in three innings this week.

Nobody else in the squad was near that level of performance.

I'd be very surprised if they go away from two spinners. Briggs will play and Lintott has taken a fair dab of wickets in 2nd XI T20's this year. Think those two could be key for the Bears.

I'd go for

Pollock
Hose
Hain
Rhodes (push down if top 3 do well)
Braithwaite
Burgess
Woakes (Lamb when Woakes not available)
Norwell
Lintott
Briggs
OHD (Brookes or Stone when available)

I'm feeling surprisingly positive about the T20 this year. We've done very well in the practice games and look to have a nicely balanced team. I'd like to see Mousley in the team, partly as he offers another bowling option - perhaps instead of Hose, who seems to be struggling a bit, or in preference to Lamb if the ECB in their wisdom, decide that having briefly batted in one second eleven T20 match is quite enough, and Woakes now needs to be rested again!

Looking at the selections for the second team T20's I's suggest that Mousley will be in the team, and that Lamb would be selected ahead of Hose.
Remember Lamb offers a leg spin option.