Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

Team for ECG today:-
Lamb, Burgess, Malan, Bethell, Ethan B, Benjamin (Wk), Norwell, Woakes (Cap), Sidebottom, Garrett and OHD.

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Another very convincing win with particularly good contributions from Bethell and Benjamin. Very nice to see Woakes bowling again too.

Played 7 won 7 in the competition. Not bad, seem to win however much they shuffle players around.

Solbear wrote:

Another very convincing win with particularly good contributions from Bethell and Benjamin. Very nice to see Woakes bowling again too.

They both seem the real deal. Bethell is already on a contract of course, but I really feel we've found a good wicketkeeper / batsman prospect in Chris Benjamin. He's been around a bit already and did get near the Essex 1st team, but never really pushed for a place with them (mind you, they have had a few back up keepers at Chelmsford recently). If he continues in the vein he's started with our 2nd's (with gloves and bat), I see a contract in the offing. He certainly offers more already with the bat than Kelley.

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

Benjamin’s issue is that by all accounts he struggles in red ball. And then in white ball, in the kindest sense, he struggles to make tough runs. If the bowling isn’t great and the pitch is flat he’ll score plenty. If it’s top bowlers or a tough deck, he doesn’t. Those were what brought him down at Essex.

It would be good to finally get a back up keeper on staff though. It does make me nervous.