Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
Super Moderator

Preview of tonight's game - no Chris Woakes.
https://edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/leicestershire-v-birmingham-bears-16-june-2021/
It's available on Sky for those who have access.

Tim B in for Woakes, only change. No surprise.
Foxes won the toss and put us in.

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

I hope the bowlers watched that. Drag that length back, bowl cutters and don’t give them pace and it’s hard to score.
But we struggled at the end again because we lost set batsmen with 4 overs to go again. Looks a difficult pitch to start on, but once you get in, you can score runs.

Leicestershire hanging around here...

Another good win, and good to see more runs from Malan.

Excellent win. Bowlers learnt their lesson from Leicester. Gave them no pace, made them hit to the long square boundaries.

Be interesting to see if Burgess and Inglis end up with a fine or some sort of disciplinary warning. They seemed to be going at each other when Inglis got out. Umpires getting involved usually means a write up of some sort.

Super Moderator

Report on the game with quotes from Will Rhodes:
https://deepextracover.com/2021/06/bears-make-it-four-in-a-row-with-comprehensive-victory-at-grace-ro

Nice write up.

Couple of other points from me, Rhodes' highest T20 score before today was 45 - I know a few have questioned whether he's ever been a T20 batsman and that would suggest otherwise but he was clearly the best batsman out there today so hopefully this is the dawn of a new beginning for him in T20. I do think the short straight boundary and their spin heavy attack helped him though.

Also, we've posted a couple of decent totals last couple of evenings and we've started slowly on both occasions, and stumbled at the end on both occasions. If we can get the powerplay and death overs right we could get some serious totals.

Good win last night. Teams will be fearing us, we're hammering people. Leicestershire look a better team than their record suggests. I can't believe the transformation in the field, some of the catches we took were excellent. Everyone looks comfortable in their role. It's always someone different with the bat aswell, not just Hain on his own.