Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

13 man squad:-

Rhodes, Bethell, Ethan Brookes, Burgess, Hain, Hose, Lamb, Lintott, Kyle Mayers, Miles, Pollock, Sidebottom and Yates.

I guess Ethan B and Sidebottom will miss out, with Jacob Bethell in again ?

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Has anyone managed to get one of the 1,500 tickets for this game?

Anyone know what Mayers bowling is like?
If it’s on a par with Brathwaite then he can be counted as a bowler. If it’s more part time, they might have to drop Yates or Lamb to ensure they have 6 bowling options.

He's a medium pace swing bowler with a decent First Class record but hasn't bowled too much in limited overs. In CPL he'd often open the bowling but would rarely bowl his 4 overs, maybe just 2.

I feel Yates or Lamb miss out here. Maybe Pollock or Hose.

Super Moderator

He may do just fine; but on the face of it, in T20 he is an occasional bowler who has never taken a four wicket haul and a batsman who averages 16 and has scored one fifty in 54 innings. On that basis, I think I'll go and clean my boots in case I get a call.

Even if the entire squad went down with COVID they wouldn't be that desperate, Even the Warwickshire over 70's wouldn't be that desperate!

Super Moderator

Highveld wrote:

Even if the entire squad went down with COVID they wouldn't be that desperate, Even the Warwickshire over 70's wouldn't be that desperate!

I'm checking my phone every five minutes just in case.

You're Safe the over 70's are all fit and well this week.

Well as fit and well as an over 70's side can be :-)

Team:-

Pollock, Hose, Bethell, Yates, Rhodes, Hain, Lamb, Burgess, Miles, Lintott & Sidebottom.

So, whoever said Bethell would play, got it right. I was wrong on Sidebottom being out. And everybody expected Mayers to play !

Worcester won the toss and chose to bat first.

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Poor start but we are using a few part time bowlers

Annoying injuries have occurred although it is not unlikely, we have injury proned bowlers.

First post in a while.

Sorry it is not a positive one but once again we are falling to pieces with the bat..............it seems a well trodden path for us in white ball cricket now.

We are pushovers unfortunately.

Top 4 is our strongest line up.. so injury no excuse

Really disappointing end to the campaign at this rate

Thought the bowlers did ok considering the injuries

My word, we really cannot bat can we!?

ajones1328 wrote:

Yep, anything under 180 was decent considering but without a large contribution from Hain we are not good enough I am afraid.

Badly under-performed for about the fifth season on the trot and we do not deserve to go through with some of the spankings we have had to endure.

Not good enough this.

meashambear wrote:

ajones1328 wrote:

Yep, anything under 180 was decent considering but without a large contribution from Hain we are not good enough I am afraid.

Badly under-performed for about the fifth season on the trot and we do not deserve to go through with some of the spankings we have had to endure.

Not good enough this.

Yep Rhodes and Lamb not up to it...Hose not at his levels when first joined

Pollock been good this season.. Hain needs to go back further up the order. Should be opening.

One score over 15 is a pretty dismal effort.

Highveld wrote:

Has anyone managed to get one of the 1,500 tickets for this game?

Yes. Just got back. A group of 5/6 Bears fans made more noise than the other 1,495! I thought we had a chance until D’Oliveira took 2 wickets in one over. Worcester’s same XI seem to play every week and have done for about 3 years. Men against boys tonight.

A couple of observations from the New Road stand, the Worcestershire side seemed sharper in the field, and their throws back to the keeper were much more accurate. Burgess had a hard time tonight with some of the throws.
Sidebottom actually slows down in his run up, when ideally a bowler should be increasing speed to the point of deivery.
For a young player, who shouldn't really be anywhere near the first team at this stage, Jacob Bethell did pretty well.
Ed Pollock batted verry well, showing not only a good range of shots, but the ability to keep rotating the strike.
Some of the others played very poor shots indeed.
As a squad we are probably stretched almost to the limits.

Too many senior players missing, especially bowlers and made worse with Carlos Brathwaite isolating. But, the batting is a real concern. About time the club went after at least two top class players, especially the overseas signing.

I understand Mayer didn’t play as he returned an inconclusive COVID test. Unlikely he would have made enough of a difference to change the result though. He has to retake the test today I think