Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk

73/5! C'mon you Bears!!

Not sure my ticker can withstand this if it goes right to the death.

6 DOWN!

Lilly wrote:

6 DOWN!

U Bears!

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Bald_Reynard wrote:

Lilly wrote:

6 DOWN!

U Bears!

Big wicket that one, Davies usually causes us problems, as he did in the first innings.

7 down! Overton bowled by Woakes!

WIZARD

What a ball!

https://twitter.com/WarwickshireCCC/status/1441402607826841600

Didn't want tea to arrive really, clouds in Aldridge are extremely grey as I look out of the office window.

Anyone in the ground able to confirm how it looks there?

GOT HIM!

No repeat of the headingley heroics for Leach. Woakes is a sexual icon

Sun with some cloud at the ground. I hope doesn’t rain in Streetly….I left the washing out to get here before close of play!

This pair hanging around here...

GOT HIM! NEXT BALL!!

If we win this match, it could be thanks to me.

CHAMPIONS!

Brilliant day lads, absolutely sensational stuff to seal it.

Absolutely wonderful. I've been waiting 9 years for that!

Last night I never thought we'd do it (we never seem to exploit last day wickets!), but what seam bowling from all. The joy on the faces of Miles & Norwell and all the fielders, when those 2 last wickets went down, was a sight to behold!

And we mustn't forget, an awesome batting display yesterday.

This (mainly young) team (with probably just a decent Overseas signing - and perhaps a new Batting Coach?!), could really be up there, if they can maintain the progress of this season.

U Bears!!

'The only good banker, is the Lickey Banker!'

A great way to end the day, it was good being able to hang around afterwards for the presentation to see the joy on the players faces. There really does seem to be a good spirits amongst the squad….Bresnan in particular seems very popular!

Yesssss!

Congratulations to all involved. Great team performance.

Wonderful. Even at Lunchtime, I never thought we'd finish it. What great seam bowling, and great fielding, to match an awesome batting display yesterday.

I really am SO proud of my Bears. Congratulations to all, but particular to Mark Robinson, for engineering this renaissance in our fortunes. With just a couple of 'tweaks' (ie with Overseas signings and a new Batting Coach) I really feel this team could go far.

U Bears!

"You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone out of the boy !"
"The Bears and the (footballing) Foxes for ever !"

Brilliant by you Bears.....I managed to get to the ground after the tea break and saw the last two wickets fall and the presentation of trophy. A great day...!

Can't quite believe it. Was such a huge ask at the beginning of the day but we 4just knuckled down and got it done in the end with minimal fuss. Winning the County Championship essentially without an overseas player or, bar two games, our best player is a testament to how strong the team spirit is and our players' ability to all make vital contributions at vital times. Considering we were without Woakes, Stone and OHD for much of the season, the seam bowlers have done an extraordinary job.

Wonderful stuff from us...........got no bloody work done today though!!