Warwickshire CCC unofficial fans forum
bearsfans.org.uk
default profile picture

Exiled Bear

Administrator
Last seen 2 hours ago
Joined:
Posts:
754
Topics:
18

I’d hope so too. They were certainly much more prepared for us to win it this time than last time. Some of the slow motion videos from the final day are superb.

Hopefully a Saturday finish (probably), good weather and a lack of premier league or championship football tomorrow will mean a good attendance! Gutted I can’t be there.

That’s about as perfect a day as you could hope for, given the scores at the other grounds.

Yes, a real chance that Somerset won’t even get maximum bowling points, which would be a bonus.

Free entry announced for Day 1 against Leicestershire.

Wow, that is an absolute stunner from John Simpson, well worth a watch back if you missed it!

I wanted 1 but they’ve got 3 and still an over and a bit to go!

I make that 11.4 overs lost today in the second innings at Headingley, which is decent. Of course they might be able to make some of those back tomorrow, but I doubt it given the forecast.

Would be nice if Notts could lose another wicket today.

Tayls79 wrote:

Yeah I think the weather isn't going to influence the Somerset game that much, it's so advanced already and the forecast, whichever one we look at, isn't solid rain, it's just the chance of a shower. With two wickets down already though, you have to think it is in Yorks hands.

Notts path to victory now seems to be to ger a lead of 200-250 and set Sussex 60 overs in which to get them. Whether Sussex are interested in taking that or not I don't know, 4th would seem the best Sussex can get?

While it won’t be solid rain, it will likely be overcast after lunch, so bad light could come into play.

paulbear wrote:

It may be but I think Yorkshire can win this which would be fantastic as we would only need a 5 bonus points draw to take the title. A draw for them and we have to get at least 5 bonus points and match their result. If Somerset are about 5 down and only halfway to their target, surely for the 4th time in the game, the bottom half of the scorecard can't perform, a rescue act.

If Somerset draw, they’d be 3 points behind us, so we’d only need to match their result with at most two fewer bonus points than them. At this time of year getting the maximum bowling points should be easy enough, and in that case we’d need to get at most 3 batting points, if Somerset somehow manage to get all 5. If Somerset only managed 2 batting points, then we’d only need to make sure we matched their result. So I think a draw would be very handy.

Raining again at Headingley, with tomorrow’s forecast looking a bit iffy I think any time taken out of the game is good.

If the match at Headingley makes it to the afternoon session tomorrow then the weather will become an increasing threat.

Still, they’re not in a great position in that game.

Wow, Notts got the final bowling point from the last ball of the 110th over

BosworthBear wrote:

Not sure rain helps as Yorkshire are making progress and there’s over a day yet!

Good news then, the rain has split around the ground!

There’s about to be some more significant rain in Leeds

Yeah this target is just a bit more than I would have liked! Good to wrap up the innings so quickly though

Tea probably coming at a good time for us, gives us a chance to regroup. Big final session ahead.

They’ve got to nick one of these eventually surely?!

Awful decision, he was nowhere near it.

Oh Ed that’s a stupid shot.